2012 MLB Thread

Josh Beckett needs to get shipped out of Boston pronto. I used to love the guy, but he's just devolved into a self absorbed douchebag in recent years. Which is particularly annoying because it's happening while his stats are going down the drain. If you're going to be a pompous ass, at least back it up on the field.

I love that Yu Darvish came out after the long rain delay and CJ Wilson stayed in the dugout. He got one out and allowed four earned runs in his return to the BPiA. Picked up right where he left off in the World Series.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320511117

A little excerpt..

The only downside was an ill-advised swing by their frustrated 19-year-old outfielder. Bryce Harper had a rough night, going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts. After one of the outs, he returned to the dugout and took a frustrated whack at one of the walls in the tunnel to the clubhouse.

Johnson said the barrel of the bat bounced off the wall and hit Harper next to the left eye, causing a gash that, according to the Washington Times, required 10 stitches to close and a welt. He stayed in the game with it bandaged, but was sent for treatment afterward because it was bleeding.

Maturity

Jays lose, but two homers from Bautista. Hopeful his bat will return to form. I think it is - both homers were line drives, crushed to left field. And from watching him over the past two seasons, Jose hits home runs in bunches.

I wouldn't call hitting a wall with a bat a lack of maturity. Loads of athletes in all sports do that sort of crap, especially in the heat of the moment. It's not like he threw a tantrum at the base. It was just an unfortunate and amusing result of being a knob.

Actually it was a piece of a barrel that hit him in the eye, not the knob.

Voters will forget this start for both Hamilton and Texas if he slumps or is injured after the All-Star break, but given his career numbers and this being a contract year he was the favorite before Opening Day to run away with the AL MVP and it will take a lot working against him from keeping that award out of his hands.

Voters will forget this start for both Hamilton and Texas if he slumps or is injured after the All-Star break, but given his career numbers and this being a contract year he was the favorite before Opening Day to run away with the AL MVP and it will take a lot working against him from keeping that award out of his hands.

If I am remembering right he won the MVP in 2010 even after missing most of September. So this kind of start really does give him a sizable lead.

It's just amazing to sit back and watch what he's doing right now. One of the best stretches of hitting I ever remember watching. I'm not a Rangers fan, but there games are must watch on mlb.tv for me because of Hamilton.