2012 MLB Thread

I think I'm going to try and go to one of the games in the Rangers/Blue Jays next weekend. Pretty sure Darvish will be on the mound for one of them.

I really wanna see Washington soon. I had taken a trip up there last year with my dad to see Washington, Baltimore and Philly, but the whole earthquake/hurricane thing threw off our plans.

Seeing Strasburg AND Harper in the same game would be awesome.

Orioles-Nationals series starts tomorrow with both teams in first place for obviously the first time since the poorly named Beltway Series (there's 2 beltways and neither team plays very close to them, Parkway Series is more apropriate) began being held. I'm excited to see how many sellouts both DC and Baltimore can get.

Also, on the note of Baltimore, it's great to see the O's beat up on the subpar and mediocre tfeams on the schedule for the first time since the nice run at the start of 05. They're likely playing their best ball now and will slow down/slump at some point but it's truly been a blast the first quarter of the year. I've never had so much fun as an Oriole fan as I have had the last few weeks. 81 wins this year would be enough for me to pop some champagne and celebrate.

But alas we've still got a long year ahead of us, lack of depth among starting pitchers, and nobody at the corner infield positions.

Orioles-Nationals series starts tomorrow with both teams in first place for obviously the first time since the poorly named Beltway Series (there's 2 beltways and neither team plays very close to them, Parkway Series is more apropriate) began being held. I'm excited to see how many sellouts both DC and Baltimore can get.

Also, on the note of Baltimore, it's great to see the O's beat up on the subpar and mediocre tfeams on the schedule for the first time since the nice run at the start of 05. They're likely playing their best ball now and will slow down/slump at some point but it's truly been a blast the first quarter of the year. I've never had so much fun as an Oriole fan as I have had the last few weeks. 81 wins this year would be enough for me to pop some champagne and celebrate.

But alas we've still got a long year ahead of us, lack of depth among starting pitchers, and nobody at the corner infield positions.

You mean Chris Davis and Mark Reynolds doesn't cut it for you? :huh: .

:lmao: .

You mean Chris Davis and Mark Reynolds doesn't cut it for you? :huh: .

:lmao: .

And Nick Johnson at DH baby! It's a 1-2-3 punch out.

Yan Gomes became the first Brazilian born player in Major League history tonight. Given the amount of money that has been spent recently in setting up baseball camps in that country, this could be an interesting footnote.

We have been awful for 20 years now. But at least we've never been no-hit during that time span.

How? I don't know. Especially when we field a team with four guys hitting under .200

Sahyder's looking out for you.

I doubt he jinxed it. People were tweeting about the no hitter since the 4th inning.

EDIT: Funny Verlander post-game moment

Edited by Evil Chase K