The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to City. Seen players say before for years that they wouldn't go to other Prem teams only to do it.

I want him to stay in the Prem but he will certainly have his options whether that be to move to Spain, Italy or in fact go to City.

There's still been little interest outside of City, which looks like his most probable destination. I can't see Barca happening and Madrid is almost as unlikely given the forwards they have, as well as Mourinho seeming to favour a bigger, back to goal forward. City would easily trump anyone else financially, possibly in the likelihood of winning trophies too.

It's a shame but I can understand it. He carried Arsenal at times through the season and while signings like Giroud and Podolski (more Giroud) aren't bad, they aren't going to make up the distance on City and United. The best we can hope for is a good price giving us extra money to look at a solid holding midfielder, and that Giroud/Podolski bed in nicely.

He stuck by Arsenal through their worst period, they stuck by van Persie through some of his, injury wise. Good luck to him elsewhere. Wenger should probably stop letting players run into the last 2 years of their deals, Walcott is in the same situation now.

Terrible way to go about this, he's been advised awfully from what I make out, gone all Cesc on us. No room for maneuver with that statement, apparently Arsenal weren't even aware that this statement was coming.

He's got to be sold. It's going to be City, can't see him going elsewhere. He'll lose a lot of respect going about it this way.

The Arsenal board however do have to have a look at themselves, it's no coincidence our best players continuously want to up and leave year in and year out.

Praying to whoever is out there that he goes abroad. Please go to Juventus. If we don't sell him, he'll be slaughtered next season, but with the tone of the statement, we have no other choice.

An Arsenal statement is expected shortly, could be interesting.

Edited by Gooner27

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Don't believe it. He'll be sold.

Ashley Young, with one year on his contract was sold for £16m

Samir Nasri, with one year on his contract was sold for about £23m

Thierry Henry, with one year on his contract was sold for about £13m

He should be worth at least £15m easily.

Fair enough.

My only argument with RVP is that he is a bit older than Nasri and Ashley Young. Could work either way, as people might be willing to pay over the odds to get him earlier, or see him as a player not worth investing the same amount of money on.

Yeah, rumours doing the rounds are he's going to City for £22m with £225k p/w wages.

We've received £92m in transfer fees from Man City in the last 3 seasons. Mad.

More and more I think about it, so little class in how he's gone about it, thought he was better than that. Footballers really are all the same.

So many people slating Wenger, unbelievable really, if there's been one loyal servant to Arsenal over the past god knows how many years, it's him. Turned down teams plenty of times to stay with us, and only just turned down France last week.

And just how does someone like Gareth Bale sign a new contract with Tottenham but RVP doesn't like the way the club is moving forward? Something is wrong somewhere.

Edited by Gooner27

More and more I think about it, so little class in how he's gone about it, thought he was better than that. Footballers really are all the same.

And just how does someone like Gareth Bale sign a new contract with Tottenham but RVP doesn't like the way the club is moving forward? Something is wrong somewhere.

There are so many things that make these quotes brilliant in my eyes.

:lmao:

Made my day. My Arsenal supporting missus is NOT happy.

She'd better have the most ridiculously perfect breasts and make an incredible sandwich.

Stonking on both counts I heard.

• Like 2

I don't see how you can possibly blame RVP for wanting to leave, he's been at Arsenal for 8 years and has won one trophy. In the meantime he's seen all his team mates of any quality leave for various teams and go on to win trophies.

• Like 3