The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

From the brief clips I've seen of Anita, it obvious he's right footed. Why does everywhere on the internet say defensive midfielder/left back, has he exclusively played left fullback for a reason? Don't need another right-footed left back, need a proper left sided one.

Fernando Llorente has rejected a new contract at Athletic Club meaning he is likely to be sold this summer. Now, who wants to pay about €20m for a striker in the last year of his contract who is 29 years old? Juventus seem most keen after the Van Persie set back.

Athletic have Aduriz this season so not a total disaster but they're losing a quality player.

My favorite bit of Twitter gossip today: Xabi Alonso coming back because he has rejected a new deal at Madrid. Both Liverpool and Arsenal are chasing Sahin, and Agger has said he doesn't want to leave but he can't control whether he does or not but also City won't meet Liverpool's high valuation of him (27 million).

I can't really see BR wanting to get rid of Agger, he has him on a special training regime and he's perfect for the kind of football he wants to play and he's already said that it would take a massive bid to get him to sell. While the player himself is quite happy where he is.

Agger has said he doesn't want to leave but he can't control whether he does or not but also City won't meet Liverpool's high valuation of him (27 million).

Any footballer can control whether they want to move or not, they can just reject the contract. Just typical face saving whilst keeping his options open <_<

My favorite bit of Twitter gossip today: Xabi Alonso coming back because he has rejected a new deal at Madrid. Both Liverpool and Arsenal are chasing Sahin, and Agger has said he doesn't want to leave but he can't control whether he does or not but also City won't meet Liverpool's high valuation of him (27 million).

I can't really see BR wanting to get rid of Agger, he has him on a special training regime and he's perfect for the kind of football he wants to play and he's already said that it would take a massive bid to get him to sell. While the player himself is quite happy where he is.

Heh, didn't Alonso say last year that he definitely wanted to come back before he retires? He ain't getting any younger. #wishfulthinking

So in Chile is running the rumour that Angelo Henriquez (Striker, 18 years old) of Universidad de Chile, is on his way to Old Trafford and have his medical. Angelo has a pre-contract with the Mancs and a buy clause of 4m Euros that Manchester United can trigger till he turns 20. He is a deadly player and I just love him, has so much future. If he goes there I'll be so sad, I hate that team and he'll sit in the bench all season.

They got De Guzman in on loan and some Spanish guy can't remember his name, but he plays in midfield. Tryin to get Mark Davies as well from Bolton