Biggest game buying mistake?

Your Mom

I've just started playing LA Noire over the last couple of days funnily enough. I love it, but it's kind of ideal for me - I don't spend that much time playing games, but I love open world games. LA Noire is ideal for this cause there isn't actually much to do outside the story. Also, I am shit at games but there is very little action in LA Noire so I get by fine.

I can understand why people would dislike it though, although those seem to be the reasons I like it. :shifty:

Although I love the city and how immersive it is as well. I prefer the game to GTA because in LA Noire you've always got a pal to hang around with but sometimes in GTA I would get quite lonely. :/

• Like 1

I just don't like the combat in Elder Scrolls games. Comes from growing up on FF, I guess.

However, no reasons for those games not to be tighter when it comes combat. Dark Souls can bloody well do it.

Yeah, I mentioned in the general gaming thread the other week how i'd tried Skyrim but couldn't do with the melee combat after having played Demons/Dark Souls.

Truth be told, the only ones that I've totally regretted are The Force Unleashed II, which was underwhelming and has little replay value, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. For some reason, I thought that maybe, just maybe, Human Revolution would be as awesome as Deus Ex II, but I just can't seem to care beyond the first mission. Might play through anyway.

OHHHHH! Hammy talking about LOST (which was shit but I got it for like, ten quid tops) reminds me of another really bad TV cash-in that I got for full price. 24's game was all kinds of terrible.

That game was wonderful!

Well, no, it was shit. But you still got to control Jack Bauer! Actually, I thought the shooty bits were alright, just the driving bits were terrible.

Not sure if I'd class this as a mistake, as I did enjoy it, but I was waiting on Rage for the longest time and it was a massive let down. Way too short and just tons of stuff wrong with it. Frustrating, as the core gameplay was great. I guess it was a mistake in that I could've waited to get a preowned one in rather than spunking away £30.

Brink is in the same vein, only it had no redeeming features.

I should've waited on Naughty Bear too. I loved the concept (and the boxart!), but the controls and camera were just too clunky. Shame.

And I have to agree with the hate for the first Assassins Creed. Couldn't stand it. Fast paced parkour gameplay? Check...guards that were alerted if you walked past them at more then a snails pace? Check..ugh. Hated it and traded it in within a week. Someone from here told me in the RAW chat that AC2 fixed all that was wrong with the first, so I bought it and loved it. But i still can't stand the first

God damn fucking Shadow the Hedgehog. I asked my parents to buy me it for my birthday. Why did I get that game?! Fuck you Shadow. Fuck you and your god damn game!

Also Modern Warfare 2.

Edited by deli2000

Wow, really? MW2 single handedly saved my faith in console shooters, and I've put weeks of game-time into it on PC.

MW2 would be on my list if I was making one. I only played online once with Ruki and a couple of people and I got stuck in single player after like an hour or two. Only reason it isnt the biggest disaster is Christopher liked it.

24 was awesome. Its one of the few PS2 games I still own. It was fucking awesome. Fuck you if you think otherwise.

Such a fun game. Being Jack Bauer is fucking awesome and despite the shit, I really enjoyed 24.

Fallout 3 is all that comes to mind so far. Bought it and tried it out, but I'm not really an RPG kinda guy. I want to like it because I want to like Skyrim and get that since they're big games that can last quite a while.

There have been a fair few. I asked for tomorrow never dies for Christmas on Playstation and it was a mess of a game. Awful.

I would also say True crime on PS2. The first one. Went and paid a full 40 quid for it from woolworths and that was also a massive disapointment.

Lost world Jurassic Park and parappa the rappa which while the latter was excellent it ended far too soon.

Overall id say I lucked on getting great games. I wanted Tomb Raider 2 back in 1997 and had blockbuster vouchers and I went up to get Raider and it came out a week later and my mum suggested Final Fantasy 7 if I couldnt wait. She knew nothing of games and I had no idea what it was. So I bought it and grew to love it with each passing week. And got Tomb raider for christmas anyway.