WWE '13

tenaciousg

So basically the video confirms 5 active guys that were always going to be in, an Undertaker attire he had in games before, Austin who was a certainty and Mankind who everyone knew would be as soon as it was confirmed as Attitude based?..As for the ring collapse, probably just a cutscene from either Universe, Story Designer or Season Mode... Not a single thing so far proves this game is a must buy.

Whilst you are right, and I watched it thinking "what is the hook here?", we only have 1 minute of trailer footage to go on so far. I hope that when they expand on the Season mode and everything it will look like an appealling buy.

I tend to buy this every year regardless of how good it looks, and rarely do I regret it. I think I own every Smackdown game since Just Bring It except for SvR 2009.

Sure, but we do have years of unmet expectations and recycled features. I won't be buying a WWE game until I can put on goggles and fight The Undertaker myself.

If this game has Ken Shamrock then it is fucking bought.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't give a toss about this alleged 'Attitude' theme, and in fact am more than slightly turned off to buying it as a result?

I kinda have a problem with Legends in general in these games. Sure I understand they add them to get a few more sales, however I get so annoyed in 12 when every tag match was Demolition/LOD that I ended up disbanding them. Either make the legends DLC or give them their own game. I don't mind legends that still appear (Rock, Foley etc.) but when you've got Eddie Guerrero competing in a 2012 videogame it feels like realism left the door to me. As for the attitude theme, it's just like every year something else from the past to shift a few more units. I loved the Attitude era growing up, but I can just dust off my N64 or PS1 to play games from that time. I also dislike their need to throw away modes, only to bring them back a few games later as"NEW", Create a belt will beback sooner or later (anythings gotta be better than having 20 odd titles in the game). As for my comment about not wanting to buy it,Devil is correct. THQ build up the fans only for them to be left disappointed. I've not played a WWE game in about 5 years that I played longer than 2 weeks. As for other info about the game, te fact Free Brawl is stil in angers me, that mode to me was rubbish. RTWM being gone is fine, but I really have no faith in them anymore to pull off a half decent angle that doesn't involve wrestler A joining wrestler B and C to make a faction. I would really laugh if the year 6 divas can be played as, for there only to be 7 in the game. And JR,Cole and Lawler being commentary is OK I guess, but JR rarely commentates on WWE programming these days. And what about Booker? Mathews? Striker?.. they've been there long enough now, that their exclusion irritates me. Sure this might come across bitter, but I've been bitten by the bug that is THQ for far too many years, and I don't think I'll bother this year.

Edited by zrc
  • Like 2

Am I the only one that doesn't give a toss about this alleged 'Attitude' theme, and in fact am more than slightly turned off to buying it as a result?

I kinda have a problem with Legends in general in these games. Sure I understand they add them to get a few more sales, however I get so annoyed in 12 when every tag match was Delition/LOD that I ended up disbanding them. Either make the legends DLC or give them their own game. I don't mind legends that still appear (Rock, Foley etc.) but when you've got Eddie Guerrero competing in a 2012 videogame it feels like realism left the door to me. As for the attitude theme, it's just like every year something else from the past to shift a few more units. I loved the Attitude era growing up, but I can just dust off my N64 or PS1 to play games from that time. I also dislike their need to throw away modes, only to bring them back a few games later as"NEW", Create a belt will beback sooner or later (anythings gotta be better than having 20 odd titles in the game). As for my comment about not wanting to buy it,Devil is correct. THQ build up the fans only for them to be left disappointed. I've not played a WWE game in about 5 years that I played longer than 2 weeks. As for other info about the game, te fact Free Brawl is stil in angers me, that mode to me was rubbish. RTWM being gone is fine, but I really have no faith in them anymore to pull off a half decent angle that doesn't involve wrestler A joining wrestler B and C to make a faction. I would really laugh if the year 6 divas can be played as, for there only to be 7 in the game. And JR,Cole and Lawler being commentary is OK I guess, but JR rarely commentates on WWE programming these days. And what about Booker? Mathews? Striker?.. they've been there long enough now, that their exclusion irritates me. Sure this might come across bitter, but I've been bitten by the bug that is THQ for far too many years, and I don't think I'll bother this year.

When the legends (or hell, just about any member of the roster) are optional through customization.. I don't see the point in NOT putting them in the game. As far as the Attitude branding goes - I see it as a shot at making the games different over the years, because you have to distinguish when you are popping out of the same license each year. The WWE games have a lot of flexibility for that - I think it's a good thing that they are at least trying it.

I don't see companies that makes games, etc the way that a lot of people do. There are limitations on pumping out a game in a years time and if they didn't do it, WWE would find somebody else to.

• Like 1

I've always been more partial to the current roster rather than Legends. Ditto for alternate attires (which are treated as separate characters). I'd rather see Hawkins and Reks than have Punk and Cena getting their alternate attires, for instance. But with the Attitude era guys I'll gladly make an exception.

• Like 1

THQ have already released the breakdown for the roster. 38 WWE, 7 WWE Divas, 32 Attitude Era.

I bet a healthy amount of the Attitude Era guys are just going to be alternate attires to people already on the main roster, which would be lame but expected.

That's awful. You can count me out of buying this game if that is the case. Shall read the article now and see if it sheds any other light.

So what, they realise the series has gone stale...so they've just gone 'well everyone loves the Attitude era!'. Meacon is dead right, if I want to feel nostalgic about the attitude era then I'll go and play No Mercy, or Smackdown 1 or whatever. Why should we not get to play a portrayal of the modern day WWE just so we can remember that Head Cheese was once a thing?

At least I can spend the money on something else I guess.

Having now read the article, I can't say I've changed my mind. The Attitude Mode sounds kind of poor...do we just play through and copy all the Attitude Era stuff? If I want to relive it, I'll get a DVD or whatever and actually watch it. If I want to do Steve Austin vs The Rock, I'll...just play it in exhibition? I just don't get the appeal in that. At least the THQ wiki lists "Universe 3.0", because from the article I thought they were saying they had gotten rid of it for this Attitude Mode. Colour me unimpressed with this at the outset.

Where's the source for the "38 WWE, 7 Divas, 32 Attitude" roster size? Couldn't find that anywhere.

THQ have already released the breakdown for the roster. 38 WWE, 7 WWE Divas, 32 Attitude Era.

I bet a healthy amount of the Attitude Era guys are just going to be alternate attires to people already on the main roster, which would be lame but expected.

That's awful. You can count me out of buying this game if that is the case. Shall read the article now and see if it sheds any other light.

So what, they realise the series has gone stale...so they've just gone 'well everyone loves the Attitude era!'. Meacon is dead right, if I want to feel nostalgic about the attitude era then I'll go and play No Mercy, or Smackdown 1 or whatever. Why should we not get to play a portrayal of the modern day WWE just so we can remember that Head Cheese was once a thing?

At least I can spend the money on something else I guess.

No. I don't want to go play a game that's ten years old that has robot like movements and shitty graphics to play as the guys I like. I want a new game with updated graphics and movements with these guys. An all stars roster of attitude guys plus the best of todays guys is awesome. If I get to play a modern game with X-Pac,Ken Shamrock,Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, The New Age Outlaws,etc. I'm not going to give two shits if Primo,Epico, Tyler Rekks, Yoshi Tatsu or fucking Micheal McGillicutty don't get in. We don't get a portrayal of the modern day WWE because outside of the top guys the modern WWE sucks in comparison and thats what we get every year.

In short, not everyone wants to play outdated games to see guys they like when they can have guys they like in a new one. The people not getting in because of legends are guys no one wants in anyway.

• Like 5

That's your opinion, me personally I don't give 'two shits' as you put it about playing as X-Pac, Ken Shamrock, Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, the New Age Outlaws etc. I would much rather have a game containing the likes of Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Derrick Bateman and Heath Slater. Because I watch and enjoy the current WWE product, and want to play a game based on that. They should've made a separate 'Attitude' game if they felt so compelled to make one.

I've played about 10 wrestling games featuring X-Pac. Why is it now suddenly amazing that I can play as him again against all the same people, just with the updated gameplay engine that bored me to tears after a month like the previous three iterations did?

• Like 1

That's your opinion, me personally I don't give 'two shits' as you put it about playing as X-Pac, Ken Shamrock, Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, the New Age Outlaws etc. I would much rather have a game containing the likes of Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Derrick Bateman and Heath Slater. Because I watch and enjoy the current WWE product, and want to play a game based on that. They should've made a separate 'Attitude' game if they felt so compelled to make one.

I've played about 10 wrestling games featuring X-Pac. Why is it now suddenly amazing that I can play as him again against all the same people, just with the updated gameplay engine that bored me to tears after a month like the previous three iterations did?

..why are you even discussing playing the game at all if you don't like the way that it... you know, plays.

Sounds like you're just bitching for bitching sake.

• Like 4