WWE '13

tenaciousg

zrc, are you saying that you'd rather have current wrestlers than legends? Tell me more! :o

Too right... rather have Tyson Kidd, than generic midcarder from the attitude era. Because quite frankly this is THQ they'll manage to ruin it somehow. they always do.

When you were a kid, you criticized every meal your mother ever made, didn't you?

Absolutely, she was a terrible cook.

• Like 13

zrc, are you saying that you'd rather have current wrestlers than legends? Tell me more! :o

Too right... rather have Tyson Kidd, than generic midcarder from the attitude era. Because quite frankly this is THQ they'll manage to ruin it somehow. they always do.

Problem is that modern day midcarders are more generic then Attitude era midcarders

• Like 1

That's your opinion, me personally I don't give 'two shits' as you put it about playing as X-Pac, Ken Shamrock, Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, the New Age Outlaws etc. I would much rather have a game containing the likes of Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Derrick Bateman and Heath Slater. Because I watch and enjoy the current WWE product, and want to play a game based on that. They should've made a separate 'Attitude' game if they felt so compelled to make one.

I've played about 10 wrestling games featuring X-Pac. Why is it now suddenly amazing that I can play as him again against all the same people, just with the updated gameplay engine that bored me to tears after a month like the previous three iterations did?

..why are you even discussing playing the game at all if you don't like the way that it... you know, plays.

Sounds like you're just bitching for bitching sake.

I was not bitching for bitching's sake, but I can see reading back how it comes across that way.

I was complaining simply because this 'Attitude' idea doesn't interest me in the slightest, and they are taking away from the aspect of the game being an adaptation of the current day WWE, rather than just adding the Attitude stuff on. As a result, I don't want to buy the game. So I'll just leave it at that and be done with it.

Attitude mode sounds very similar to Legends of Wrestlemania so if they're going to add it as a part of the main game rather than encouraging people to go out and buy a second game for those features it's not a bad thing. I can see both sides regarding the roster split but for me personally it's a bigger carrot to have the Attitude era stars there then most of the current roster who I barely recognise any more but we all know sooner or later that there'll be releases of DLC and so some of those fringe guys people are excited about will probably turn up anyway.

they are taking away from the aspect of the game being an adaptation of the current day WWE, rather than just adding the Attitude stuff on. As a result, I don't want to buy the game. So I'll just leave it at that and be done with it.

Adapatations of the current day WWE like that time Candice Michelle had a magic wand, Christian had a time machine, Kevin Nash took a bump from the top of a cell at a WWE-promoted Starrcade, and Eddie Guerrero being on the active roster for years after his death?

It's just an extended version of the "Legends" that are unlockable in every game, with a game mode that's probably going to be nothing more than the old "Challenge mode" in fancy new clothes.

It's not like they're saying "you can't play as John Cena, here's X-Pac instead". It's just a gimmick to sell the game - the main body of the game is still going to be built around the current roster, and act as a simulation of present day WWE insofar as any of these games can truly be said to be that.

Nobody at THQ sat down and thought "we won't put Derrick Bateman and Michael McGillicutty in because we need to leave space for Ken Shamrock and the Big Boss Man". The likes of Bateman and McGillicutty aren't in there because the vast majority of people either don't know who they are, or else would have no interest in playing as them - they're certainly not going to be a selling point. The Attitude era guys aren't in at the expense of anything or anyone else, and will probably actually be a huge selling point for most people.

• Like 6

Sorry for being so against it.I'm just not beliving the hype this year, I'vedone it for 12 years and I'm telling myself enough is enough now So just cancelled my preorder and will forget it even exists. Thats my final thoughts on it.

THQ put up posters for the first eight confirmed superstars earlier:

20120531_Big-Show-web.jpg

20120531_Chris-Jericho-web.jpg

20120531_CM-Punk-web.jpg

20120531_Mankind-web.jpg

20120531_Mark-Henry-web.jpg

20120531_Sheamus-web.jpg

20120531_Stone-Cold-web.jpg

20120531_Undertaker-web.jpg

Everyone looks great. I'm glad they've finally done something with CM Punk's Pepsi/Cobra tattoos and I'm really, really, really digging that Stone Cold Steve Austin model. Every year he's in as a legend and ever year he doesn't look right at all. This year's Austin looks about a million times better than last year's.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

I don't care if he has them as long as he has something. Even if it's just a red cirlce in place of the Pepsi logo. It looks so stupid just having a big blank space now that he has full sleeves.

Also, I really hope they actually put the old themes in for the legends. It absolutely boils my piss when you get, for example, 2000 Edge and Christian coming out to Alter Bridge.

• Like 1

Whats the point of having Attitude game when you cant have Angle, Dudleyz, Hardyz? What use is Attitude E&C without the guys that got them there like Gangrel?... And Ministry Undertker is cool but ya know there's no Ministry in it? So who cares?

You do realise they aren't actually the in-game graphics, right? But Ministry Taker :w00t:

The in-game graphics look basically the same (albeit less detailed), though. Even the promotional renders of Austin normally look awful.

Yeah and I doubt Punk will have his tattoos.

993b0ac7cd4db51121d84b9bcf7173e4.jpg?v=189600

They're there. Well, sort of. They're juuuuuuuuust different enough to avoid lawsuits from the Pepsi/GI Joe people. But they're a big improvement over the usual blank spot in his sleeves we see every year.

Whats the point of having Attitude game when you cant have Angle, Dudleyz, Hardyz? What use is Attitude E&C without the guys that got them there like Gangrel?... And Ministry Undertker is cool but ya know there's no Ministry in it? So who cares?

What's the point of having any roster?

OH WAIT, THERE'S A FUCKING CREATE-A-WRESTLER FEATURE.

Jesus Christ you whine.

What's the point of having any roster?

OH WAIT, THERE'S A FUCKING CREATE-A-WRESTLER FEATURE.

Jesus Christ you whine.

Yes Jesus loved his wine.

I'm actually somebody who was a lot more leaning towards 'dont want to buy this game' but even I think this is an extremely dumb point to try and make.