WWE '13

tenaciousg

Every year. New name, same old shit. Applies to the game and the mechanics.

Agreed, but I will still at least try and probably buy it. The main reason I picked up '12 when I did was Best Buy price-matched Wal-Mart for $40 a month after release.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope that this is everything '12 should have been, but I am finally beginning to treat this with the same reserved optimism I have with every other yearly sports series.

I hope that the CAW process is more thorough.

It was annoying having the mannerisms for a wrestler/tag team but not being able to get the ring announcer to call them by the real name. Or having the real name but not the mannerisms etc

Usually around this time they announce something to make the game stand out, but this literally looks exactly like last year's game with a throwback mode.

Mark Henry's got a new hat.

• Like 3

Guest Tobias2012

Ah you mean the hat, he doesn't have in his entrance. >.>found some more pics, will put them in a spoiler box, little later on.

Edited by Tobias2012

Already expected this to be the case but Attitude Era Mark Henry and current Mark Henry are listed as two entirely separate characters on the roster page. So it's probably a safe bet that, at the least, you'll also have 2 versions of Taker, Kane, Jericho, Big Show, Triple H, Christian, and possibly even The Rock. This would go right in line with the roster that was leaked months ago. Kinda annoyed that a lot of spots are going to be taken up by duplicates.

There ARE APA shirts in the crowd though, and the APA weren't included in the initial roster leak so here's hoping the leak wasn't totally accurate. Also Rikishi tweeted that him and Too Cool were having a reunion in WWE 13 so they might be in.

Guest Tobias2012

Or... there are 8 duplicates, to go with the 8 playable in Attitude mode? Wouldn't surprise me at all to see all 3 faces of Foley. As for APA, everyones expecting them asDLC. Just because some folks in the crowd are wearing their shirt means nothing (see NWO shirts in almost every game since 2002).

The character select screen has already shown that the current guys and Attitude era guys are completely separate from one another, not alternate attires. They could have easily made the Attitude era guys just be alt attires of the current person (much like Cody last year - each attire has its own entrance, music, etc.) but if they did that it wouldn't allow them to trumpet the "largest playable roster to date".

And knowing THQ, they'll probably make it so that only one can be used in Universe mode or something. Kinda like the DLC E&C last year.

And knowing THQ, they'll probably make it so that only one can be used in Universe mode or something. Kinda like the DLC E&C last year.

What's wrong with that? It did my fucking head in that you couldn't take people out of Universe, the last thing we need is The Rock vs. The Rock every other week.

Guest Tobias2012

The character select screen has already shown that the current guys and Attitude era guys are completely separate from one another, not alternate attires. They could have easily made the Attitude era guys just be alt attires of the current person (much like Cody last year - each attire has its own entrance, music, etc.) but if they did that it wouldn't allow them to trumpet the "largest playable roster to date".

No one said otherwise.

It does get annoying that 09 I think it was could have 2 different versions of Jericho in one slot and yet 3 years later can not. I really don't like the restrictions on superstar threads either. If a game 12 years ago can have you fully customize every attire to be different, why can't they now? THQ have been lazy on this franchise for years. A bit of gloss and something old brought in as new and they think it'll make the problems go away. Sure some of the things are pretty minor, but they soon mount up. I'll really consider not buying another after '13, if it ends up sounding different but plays the same.

I hated unmasked Cody being an alt attire. It meant whenever he came out in universe mode he was masked even if I didn't want it that way. The one thing theye added to this game I really like is being able to counter top-rope moves into finishers.