WWE '13

tenaciousg

The Off Script stuff is annoying.

Rock vs. Stone Cold? Easy. Edge & Christian vs. Acolytes? Fucking irritating. I thought they had found a decent balance, but these Off Script matches are just reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, neckbreaker.

I ran into this more with Dude Love than any other character. He's like a reversal machine.

Yeah, any variation of Foley has been incredibly annoying thus far. Cactus and Mankind have fucked me over quite a few times.

Does anybody else have an issue with irish whipping opponents into the corner? It seems like the game often ignores the fact that I'm holding the analog stick in a diagonal direction and just tosses the opponent against the ropes. Same thing with trying to get them whipped at the steel steps, that objective in the Austin/Kane match was fucking maddening.

That bloody NAO vs. LOD match in Attitude mode drove me insane. Particularly, the "grab the belt and hit Hawk before the ref wakes up" bit, since Animal kept bloody getting in the way.

I quickly figured out the easiest way to do it is just grab the belt and move it to your side of the ring. THEN drop it and knock out the ref and use it. There's a fair few cheap ways to get around stuff like that. I'm not looking forward to jumping back on sadly, because I'm almost certain that the Undertaker/Kane stuff is going to kill my interest dead.

Am I the only one who finds it a little weird that Drew McIntyre's music is menu BGM but McIntyre himself is not in the game?

The only Attitude Era match that gave me any real trouble was the damn Jericho/Road Dogg one thanks to the powerbomb objective. I still haven't beaten it but thanks to the advice here I'm going to give it another go next time I load up the game.

The Lita/Steph one gave me more headaches because Triple H wouldn't fuck off to the back.

Basically I resorted to giving him a TOF before moonsaulting Steph.

Ugh. So we need a Gold Membership to access any of the online stuff like the DLC? That's annoying.

What? That can't be right, DLC is always available for Silver members. It's just you can't get on to Community Creations, ordinarily.

I'm not even buying the game if I can't access the DLC.

I have a huge WWF/WCW 1997-99 game going now. Complete with the Nitro arena, PPV arenas, logos, the works. Not surprisingly this game is taking up a ton of hard drive space. Had to actually go delete things from other games to fit everything in.

Downloaded a ton of WCW guys and various Attitude Era guys that were missing. I have like 3 extra CAW spots that I can use if need be, but for right now I have a nice, even 40 guys per show. Rosters spoilered for length:

WCW Nitro

Alex Wright

Booker T

Bret Hart

British Bulldog

Buff Bagwell

Chavo Guerrero, Jr.

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Curt Hennig

Dean Malenko

Diamond Dallas Page

Disco Inferno

Eddy Guerrero

El Dandy

The Giant

Goldberg

Hollywood Hogan

Hugh Morrus

Jeff Jarrett

Jim Neidhart

Juventud Guerrera

Kanyon

Kevin Nash

Kidman

Konnan

Lex Luger

Psychosis

Randy Savage

Raven

Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Ric Flair

Rick Steiner

Roddy Piper

Saturn

Scott Hall

Scott Steiner

Steve "Mongo" McMichael

Stevie Ray

Sting

Ultimo Dragon

WWF Raw is War

Al Snow

Animal

Big Boss Man

Billy Gunn

Bradshaw

Buh Buh Ray Dudley

Christian

Crash Holly

D'Lo Brown

D-Von Dudley

Dude Love (will probably swap around the Three Faces of Foley sporadically)

Edge

Faarooq

Gangrel

The Godfather

Goldust

Grand Master Sexay

Hardcore Holly

Hawk

Hunter Hearst Helmlsey

Kane

Ken Shamrock

Kurt Angle

Mark Henry

Mideon

Mosh

Owen Hart

Rikishi

Road Dogg

The Rock

Scotty Too Hotty

Shawn Michaels

Steve Blackman

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Thrasher

The Undertaker

Vader

Val Venis

Viscera

X-Pac

Think I have pretty much everybody I want. Biggest omission for now is probably the Hardyz, I've found tons of current Hardy CAWs but no 1999 era ones. Whenever I find them I'll probably sub them in for the Headbangers or something...or maybe not, as the Headbanger CAWs are awesome.

I have Thunder, SmackDown, WCW Saturday Night, and Heat as secondary shows. I'll likely just sim them most weeks, but they're just there if I want to have some fun matches without jeopardizing the storylines on the main shows.

WCW PPVs are the 2nd Sunday of every month, WWF PPVs are in the usual 4th Sunday slot. Going to keep the companies completely separate except for the draft.

• Like 1

And of course DLC undoes the teams and roster changes in Universe. pinch.gif

EDIT- If I merge Raw and Smackdown into one brand, will both the WHC and WWE titles be defended? Or will the Smackdown titles just stop mattering?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

THQ needs to make trio groups have a "leader" so certain entrances look right... or let you choose which entrant is in which spot.

• Like 1

And of course DLC undoes the teams and roster changes in Universe. pinch.gif

it was like that in WWE '12 too, IIRC..

And '11. Which is ridiculous because I find it hard to believe that NOBODY at THQ picked up on this and didn't realize it would piss off a ton of people.