WWE '13

tenaciousg

Using downloaded themes on this sucks just like last year. Custom themes are so much louder and completely drown out the announcer and post match commentary.

Which match is this? I've just won the belt back with Austin so I assume I've not gotten to it or it's a bonus match I didn't unlock.

Cactus Jack vs Hunter specifically says Normal table so if this match just says table I assume the announcer one would work.

It only took me two trys to put Road Dogg through the table. Go on the outside and when he follows whip him away from you into one of the side rails, then pull out the table. Set it up after he goes back in due to ref count. Go in and do the first objective.Get your finisher. Throw his ass on the outside and go to the table, he'll come to you and then you powerbomb his ass through that table

Ryback is kinda small in this So is Natalya. If all these DLC are undersized I can't imagine AJ.

Fuck it, I'm in love with this game. I've just had a look at Universe mode, in that I've not actually done anything or played it at all, just went through the menus and the level of customization is just ridiculous, it's amazing.

Also, I echo all sentiments about Attitude Era in that it's wonderful. Probably the best wrestling campaign mode ever. My only gripe is that it seems to jump around a little and the stories could be told a little better for someone who wasn't there when it happened in real life (IE: me). Like it seems like HBK/Bret is really glossed over and we're not really given much build up other than 'oh, hey, here's a video!'. Other than that, it's fantastic.

And if anyone does want to grapple at any point on XBL: Oliverios89 :)

I haven't had enough time to play around with Universe mode yet - it's my girlfriend that owns the game, so I only play it round her place, and as she got a WiiU recently, amongst a whole bunch of other games, it's taken a bit of a backseat.

That said, I played around with it a little last night, and it doesn't seem as eventful as last years. There's the standard "get jumped before the bell" stuff, but not much else in the way of angles - I don't know if that's the norm, or if I'm missing out on something, but the only "new"ish things I've seen were Dean Ambrose walking out on CM Punk in the middle of a tag team match, and Santino and Road Dogg getting into a feud because Santino walked too near to the announce table while Road Dogg was on guest commentary.

That said, had a ridiculously fun Over The Limit pay-per-view, though it's irritating that two people ended up doing "double duty" on the card, and that the card itself was a bit daft. The first match was for the US Title, with Santino (US Champ) vs. Kofi Kingston (Intercontinental Champ) in a Hell In A Cell match. Kofi had been annihilated by Ken Shamrock in a Last Man Standing Match on Smackdown days earlier, so it seemed reasonable for Santino to win that one.

Elsewhere, Team Hell No successfully defended the tag titles against The New Age Outlaws in one of the most fun tag team matches I've ever played, Kharma won the Divas Title in a Triple Threat match with Eve and Alicia Fox - and that was fun to play, just dishing out clotheslines and finishers, and that's about it, but still managed to win in under three minutes, having him both Divas with at least two finishers apiece, and only taking one or two moves myself. Steve Austin beat Mr. McMahon in an I Quit match, Daniel Bryan defended the World Title against Randy Orton in an I Quit match, and CM Punk beat Brock Lesnar to defend the WWE Title.

Elsewhere...JBL appears to be feuding with Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler with The Rock, and Brock Lesnar and John Cena are constantly fighting over the number one contender's spot. Kevin Nash and X-Pac have formed an alliance seemingly dedicated solely to beating up Dean Ambrose.

Okay, just had the most epic and wonderful match between Ken Shamrock and The Rock in attitude mode. Focussed on the leg the whole match, locked in an ankle lock early, Rock rolls out. Reverse the Rock Bottom and apply the ankle lock a second time, Rock gets to the ropes. Rock hits the Rock Bottom, Shamrock rolls out of the ring, dives back in as Rock climbs out, waits for Rock to come back, hits the belly-to-belly, third ankle lock and Rocky taps. Went back and forth with a good five or six near falls for a good 10-12 minutes.

Ahahaha, next match is Mankind/Taker in the cell. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Five seconds in and Mankind, well uh, just throws Taker off the cell through the announcers table.

REVISIONISM!

It's much funnier when Mankind just throws you off the cell and you fall to the concrete with nothing to break your fall. Then you sell it, slowly stand up, and then the FAILURE screen comes up.

You know what's ridiculous? The fact that I can't play as the alternative attires that are already in the game. It's fairly small and insignificant but there's literally no reason why I shouldn't be able to choose what attire Shawn Michaels wrestles in in Exhibition/Universe mode when he's got about four different attires in Attitude mode.

Who has this for PS3? I wanna play online but I don't just want to play with some random the first time I try it out online.

You know what's ridiculous? The fact that I can't play as the alternative attires that are already in the game. It's fairly small and insignificant but there's literally no reason why I shouldn't be able to choose what attire Shawn Michaels wrestles in in Exhibition/Universe mode when he's got about four different attires in Attitude mode.

That bothers me too -- Mostly because I rather have Billy Gunn in his Mr. Ass get up in Universe rather than his blue BG gear.

Edited by GRIFT