WWE '13

tenaciousg

To me, if it had gone to EA, it would've been a mixed bag: The game could've ended up like the Fifa and NHL series...or been like the Madden and NBA Live series.

Isnt NBA Live the only bad one in that list? I mean I didn't get into Hockey but it's generally accepted the other 3 are pretty great isnt it?

To me, if it had gone to EA, it would've been a mixed bag: The game could've ended up like the Fifa and NHL series...or been like the Madden and NBA Live series.

Isnt NBA Live the only bad one in that list? I mean I didn't get into Hockey but it's generally accepted the other 3 are pretty great isnt it?

I'd say Madden has regressed in the last few years despite all the tinkering they've done to make it better. And yeah, they screwed the pooch with NBA Live - waited too long to fix it then once they did, it was completely and utterly bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, I can't add teams into universe mode. I can change the team name, the announcer call and the members, but entrance and the option to save remain grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

i dont know about anyone else but with 2k now running the WWE franchise I hope they do something like they did with NBA 2K13 and have an indept "career" mode (my player) maybe something where you start with a tryout match... depending how you do you either get debuted with big build up and as "the next big thing" or if you don't do good in your tryout you have to start on nxt... or build from being a nobody... and be able to talk to your boss (weither its vince...a gm... or whatever) and make requests about your career... just something different if done right it could be amazing

• Like 1

So you want 'Shut Your Mouth' back.

If they did something like that, but with no maximum time and less storylines that either railroaded you for months (nWo, Superstars vs McMahon) or never really went anywhere no matter what you did (D-Von. Regal to a lesser extent).

Thing is though, WWE career modes tend to fall into two varies: The SVR c. 09-11 style where it's just "Pick X, Y, and Z to wrestle, then face W for a title shot against V champion", and ones with linear, story-driven careers. Here Comes The Pain came closest to what you're wanting and even that had a handful of storylines, as well as other design flaws (Want the title? Have fun facing Brock Lesnar every week forever). Plus if you didn't have a storyline, you'd be put into situations that sucked for you either way (Talking to Stephanie; interrupt her call and get punished for being rude, or let her finished and get punished for being polite).

Something like Universe Mode as a single player would be awesome though; but really, I'd take any career mode that isn't like the original Smackdown vs Raw (aka the one where you either wrestle for a belt or make a harem out of the divas by either saving them from an abusive foreigner heel if you're a face or contractual slavery if you're a heel, culminating in a ladder match for Trish Stratus' panties... and that's where I stopped buying WWE games for a few years because that was just the worst).

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Holy shit, yeah, any storyline involving the Divas on a WWE game ever has been some of the most hideously contrived misogynist bullshit, even by WWE standards. It's such an uncomfortable attempt to guess at what the fanbase's wish fulfillment of "being a WWE superstar" would entail.

Give me "Christian has a time machine and Santino is a zombie" over that any day. Or a Royal Rumble of nothing but druids.

• Like 4

Which game was it where Trish won the WWE Championship?

'07, I believe. IIRC, it was the same game where Candice Michelle was able to turn you into a woman.

Yes and Yes but...

It was all a dream... Or at the very least a post concussion related fantasy.