WWE '13

tenaciousg

Which game was it where Trish won the WWE Championship?

'07, I believe. IIRC, it was the same game where Candice Michelle was able to turn you into a woman.

Yes and Yes but...

It was all a dream... Or at the very least a post concussion related fantasy.

I forget; I know Candice carried that wand around in reality, but did she ever use it to win matches or was it some weird unexplained thing she carried?

Which game was it where Trish won the WWE Championship?

'07, I believe. IIRC, it was the same game where Candice Michelle was able to turn you into a woman.

Yes and Yes but...

It was all a dream... Or at the very least a post concussion related fantasy.

I forget; I know Candice carried that wand around in reality, but did she ever use it to win matches or was it some weird unexplained thing she carried?

I only remember it as a prop in that silly dance of hers, But I could be mistaken.

'07 was a pretty fun game from memory, But that was way back when I had one of the original RROD special edition white 360's

I'm having a lot of fun with the Story Creator, making a Dolph Ziggler/Zack Ryder buddy cop adventure.

• Like 4

I half-expected Yukes to survive the THQ collapse myself.

Wonder if they'll also get the UFC rights.

Still, this doesn't mean we won't see some new direction, and really, there's nobody more qualified.

EA has the UFC rights, so I assume they'll be using EA Tiburon, developers of EA MMA.

Hopefully they'll find a way to improve on the flaws EA MMA had then. If it's just EA MMA 2: This Time With UFC Guys, I'll probably skip it... EA MMA wasn't bad (other than customability and the overall bugginess) but Undisputed 3 pretty much did everything EA MMA had that was new to MMA games and did it better.

Eh, I've felt differently. Especially against the AI: You can beat the AI on any difficulty in EA MMA by allowing yourself to get put in the thai clinch, blocking knees, and backing the opponent into the cage and landing strikes until the ref breaks the clinch.

Only issue I have with UFC AI is that later difficulties it's impossible to win a takedown struggle.

The next WWE game will be called WWE 2K14.

2K has officially inked a five-year deal to publish WWE games. Under the 2K Sports label, the next WWE title will be re-branded as WWE 2K14 and Visual Concepts will be brought in to assist longtime WWE developer Yukes with the game. WWE 2K14 is still scheduled to arrive this fall.
“We looked at a lot of different leaders in the industry and talked to all of the big guys, and for us, we had been with THQ for so many years, it was nice to finally go out and date a few other companies and see what kind of thought process they had about the video game industry going forward,” WWE executive VP of consumer products Casey Collins told ESPN. “As we look at the next-gen systems coming out, whether that’s this holiday or next holiday, we want to make sure we align our property with who we thought would be a leader going forward on these next-gen systems.”

“With Yukes, we have a lot of history, and we’ve been very happy with what Yukes has done in the past,” Collins added. “What we’re going to do moving forward is meld Yukes with the team at Visual Concepts, so we can have the best of both worlds. Having Yukes’ experience and then getting the Visual Concepts guys on board with them, we think this is going to be a dynamic duo.”
2K will bring “some of the key designers behind the WWE gaming franchise” over from THQ. Collins also said that “the THQ Fight Team is also being brought over, and they’ll report directly to Visual Concepts. Their experience in the marketing, their experience in the development, their experience with our franchise for years. We thought that it was very valuable to keep that continuity.”

I really don't see this year's game being too terribly different from WWE 13. Cory Ledesma is back as creative director, and many of the other staffers who worked on WWE 13 are back. They're trying to push out WWE2k14 for this fall, so it's reasonable to expect no earth shattering changes this year.

2k15 though is where it may get really interesting.

• Like 1

I really don't see this year's game being too terribly different from WWE 13. Cory Ledesma is back as creative director, and many of the other staffers who worked on WWE 13 are back. They're trying to push out WWE2k14 for this fall, so it's reasonable to expect no earth shattering changes this year.

2k15 though is where it may get really interesting.

As long as we can actually get two-counts (and Aubrey Sitterson doesn't try to play the bug off as a feature), any potential WWE 2k14 would already be a lot better than WWE 13.

WWE '13 was a pretty good game, it just needed a bit more playtesting and a few bugs stamped out but other than that it was fine. What the game really needed was a small patch that fixed a few bugs, but considering THQ were going bust we couldn't get that. WWE2K14 will be fine, and anything minor will be patched.

Just don't ever hope for the next game fixing online, wrestling games just aren't made for playing with strangers when you consider how much you can physically do at one time. At least if your buddy was exiting the ring and running around it you could throw something at him, but wrestling games fixed around a 'prestige' meter are just asking for people to exploit glitches/cheap tactics to win at any cost.

Maybe it's just because 10 years ago I was playing WCW Mayhem and Smackdown 2 on the Playstation but I can't really think of anything drastic that needs to be changed, the customisation really outweighs little bugs like the two count glitch (you can still get two counts, just rarely) the gameplay was decent, and they gave us about 20 attitude era wrestlers to play about with.

When you consider with some downloads from the CC you can end up with the best WCW game ever and still realistically have enough CAW slots to run a throwback WWF show side by side, it's possible to ignore a few early kick outs.

I just think it needs to be freshened up. Even with every game you can still feel traces of the old games. It can be nice, but while playing a WWE game in 2013, I'd prefer not to feel like I'm playing a more advanced, mostly less-fun, version of Smackdown Just Bring It