FIFA 13/Official Home of the N7 Dragons

Summers

I like this much more than last year, though that could be damming it with faint praise.

I was Man City and drew 2-2 with Dortmund. Took the lead. They equalised with a bullshit goal when the CPU decided to move Lescott a step away from Lewandowski so that he was unmarked in the area about five yards out. I missed a penalty, hammered them for period, they took the lead with a scrappy goal and I had to rely on a 90th minute Tevez equaliser. Then won 3-0 on pens.

Second game was another goal glut as I used Arsenal to beat Milan 3-2. Went a goal down after 6 minutes after the CPU passed the ball around me from kick off. Equalised on 35 mins when I tackled a defender in the box with Ox leading to an easy tap in. Took the lead three minutes later with a screamer from Gibbs - diagonal from the left corner of the box - about four more yards out, just thought 'fuck it,' and hit it - ball flew into the roof of the goal.

They equalised on 55 mins, winger evaded a load of challenges (mixture of me not knowing the tackling properly; thought I hadn't had a huge problem with it until that moment), cut inside and had a pop, shot got parried to Pato, the one Milan player in a box full of Arsenal defenders, and he tapped in.

Then I won with a 86th minute Podolski tap in from a Gervinho square pass. Giround has missed a hatful of chances up front, so about five minute before I'd switched Podolski up front, Gervinho on the left, Ox in the middle and brought Walcott onto the right; which obviously worked a treat.

Fun. Not killer for me, but fun. If I decide I need a footy game this year it'll most likely be this.

And my third game was closer to the old FIFA bullshit. Passes going nowhere near where I aimed them, slow and unresponsive players, stupid goal where the CPU's corner comes in right on the head of my unchallenged centre-back. Rather than powering his header out centrally like I told instructed, he plays a tame header diagonally to the CPU's player on the corner of the area. He walks through some challenges and plays a square ball for his mate to tap in from a couple of yards out.

It depends how you thought that it was ruined. They seem to have a good system until the moment the CPU decides that it wants a goal, and then the ball gets glued to a CPU players foot as he waltzes through your defence.

I still find when I am in possession, my teammates either just stand there gormless, move to directly behind an opposition player or sprint away in random directions.

I see that the CPU defense does no wrong anywhere near the box ...

Unless you're playing Be A Pro style as anything but a defender and the opposition gets to your third, I assume? dry.gif

Early access to FIFA 13 Ultimate Team for all returning players begins September 18, enabling fans to start building and managing their FIFA 13 Ultimate Team via easportsfootball.com. Players will have access to the auction markets and other features in preparation for the season. In FIFA Ultimate Team fans earn, buy, trade and bid for coveted players to build a team of the world’s best football stars.

(Y)

Hurray!

Though, just wondering if it classes returning players as anyone who has done Ultimate Team in the past or just people who had the previous years version (in which case I'd be shit out of luck).