Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I like the horror vibe they're going with for New Mutants, if that ever comes out...

It's been pushed back, again, to later in 2019 - and might release on Hulu instead of in theaters.

11 hours ago, tristy said:

It's been pushed back, again, to later in 2019 - and might release on Hulu instead of in theaters.

Honestly, at this point, Dark Phoenix should be the last theatrical film for the Dead-X Universe. It will most likely be wrapping some things up and feel like something of a conclusion. New Mutants, while I have been excited to see it, always seemed like something that was supposed to open the doors for more weird side-films in the Fox X-Men Universe. Better to just release it digitally so that we can see it, rather than pump a bunch of money into marketing and release it theatrically to be a flop. It already had so much working against it in regards to having success at the cinema, and now it also has to combat the fact that this is all being swept under the rug as soon as Disney is allowed to do so.

I want to see New Mutants, because I want to see more superhero/horror type stuff, but it shouldn't be put in theatres at this point.

On a different note, I really want a Doctor Strange sequel with Nightmare as the villain. They could mash it up a bit and give us a quasi-Marvel Zombies film with Strange trying to defeat Nightmare on his own turf. Go full on horror.

Wow, they mentioned The Red Death on the last episode of The Flash

12 hours ago, Ct1021 said:

Wow, that was fast. Love that character. 

Thats what I thought too.  Wonder if he's something that might pop up during the Crisis crossover next year, just change it to Oliver instead of Batman  

Apparently, Affleck hasn't ruled out that he will portray Batman in the future, depending on where DC heads with its live action films. Because The Batman is set in a time period where Bruce Wayne was much younger, they made the call to cast someone else, but it's been rumored that he could wind up playing Batman again if they carry on with the established canon they have set with their previous films.

All that said, I'm happy it finally has a release date, and I'll be even happier if they decide to kill the idea of forcing a shared universe, and instead just focus on making solid films across different time periods and different realities.

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Also holy shit that's what, season 14 of Supernatural? 

That's the renewal for the 15th season; the 14th airs soon.  IIRC there was a report that Ackles and Padalecki were working with the 15th being the final season in mind.