Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Has anyone been watching the Young Justice revival on whatever DC's streaming service is called?  I've been wondering how people are liking it, but I'm also trying to avoid any spoilers.

I'm hyped for it; I looooooved the first two seasons of YJ, but I don't really care about anything else on the streaming service so I'm waiting until the whole season is released to check it out.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering the same here. YJ was great and I don't want to spoil anything from season 3, and I realllllly don't want to sub to DC just for one show. AFAIK it's still Greg Weisman and the same people who were in charge before, so I have kinda high hopes that season 3 is good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, livid said:

I'm three episodes in and I am enjoying it quite a bit. Very interested to see how it progresses.

I'm pretty burned out on superheroes, does it do anything different with the format?

1 hour ago, K said:

I'm pretty burned out on superheroes, does it do anything different with the format?

Have you ever read The Ables?  Its a book about people who are disabled but otherwise have a super power.  The summery from Amazon

I did have fantastic hearing, mostly by virtue of being blind.  But that couldn't actually mean that he's trying to tell me I have super powers, right?  Because that would be ridiculous.

It wasn't the "sex talk" he expected. Phillip Sallinger's dad has told him he's a custodian--a guardian--and his genetically inherited power is telekinesis. He'll learn to move objects with his mind. Excited to begin superhero high school until he discovers he's assigned to a "special ed" class for disabled empowered kids, he suddenly feels like an outsider. Bullied, threatened, and betrayed, Phillip struggles, even as he and his friends--calling themselves the Ables--find ways to maximize their powers to overcome their disabilities, and are the first to identify the growing evil threatening humanity. As vital custodians disappear and the custodian leadership is mired in indecision, a mysterious and powerful figure taunts Phillip, and the enemy is poised to strike. But what if the next "one who does all," the multi-gifted custodian predicted to come, is one of the Ables?

The downside is the one thats available now is self published and thus has some inconsistencies, typos, misspellings etc...

A publisher has recently picked up the book and the author has said it will be re-edited to get rid of those, as well as becoming a 4 book series

6 hours ago, K said:

For the most part, yeah. There are some obvious X-Men comparisons but that's mostly down to just being a school/orphanage for superpowered people. Beyond that though, the tone of the show is way different than most superhero stories 

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen Amell announced on Twitter that next season Arrow will be 10 episodes and it's final season

• Like 1

On 28/07/2014 at 15:05, apsham said:

I feel like a Deadpool movie requires a bigger budget than returns would warrant.

Hell, that was basically the plot of Deadpool: The Game and I'd say that's pretty much as close to any of us will see Deadpool starring in his own media outside of comics.

Just re-reading this thread and...this did not age well lol

ARROW will be ending after next season, and will only be 10 episodes.

I actually don't have a problem with that. The show has become majorly dull. Diaz was boring and should have been killed off last season, and Oliver's time in prison didn't accomplish much. 

On 07/03/2019 at 17:06, GhostMachine said:

ARROW will be ending after next season, and will only be 10 episodes.

I actually don't have a problem with that. The show has become majorly dull. Diaz was boring and should have been killed off last season, and Oliver's time in prison didn't accomplish much. 

I actually think Diaz is pretty great. However, they do seem to keep him around a lot longer than other villains.