kusiOFL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting. It's the first animated pitch of what would be JLU.

It's really cool seeing the older DCAU animation style on a couple of these characters instead of the simplified version that JLU used.

Watching Gotham S5, it's great, but a general extremely minor to the point of insignificance complaint about DC shows.

Spoiler

If they could go without using the al Ghul family/league of assassin's/league of shadows for a decade or so on TV and in film I would be so happy. They're great villains, but it feels like we've had total overkill of their use over the last two decades on the screen in comparison to other villains. I think only The Joker is more over exposed as a villain, but that I can at least understand since he is such a pop culture icon.

23 minutes ago, Benji said:

Watching Gotham S5, it's great, but a general extremely minor to the point of insignificance complaint about DC shows.

Hide contents

If they could go without using the al Ghul family/league of assassin's/league of shadows for a decade or so on TV and in film I would be so happy. They're great villains, but it feels like we've had total overkill of their use over the last two decades on the screen in comparison to other villains. I think only The Joker is more over exposed as a villain, but that I can at least understand since he is such a pop culture icon.

Spoiler

The LOA are important in the Batman world because of Talia and if they ever want to use him, Damian. They have to be set up at some point.

tumblr_pui3o9jTfD1rxjb9io1_1280.pnj

I watched the first episode of Black Lightning finally. I really liked it. It feels a little different than the Arrowverse shows.

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Oh my god it looks so good.

It does!  And thats a pretty impressive voice cast!

Randomly started catching up on Supergirl this morning. I'm on the latest season and just got to a pretty major episode.

Wasn't sure how I'd feel about Jon Cryer as Luthor. Just got to the first episode and I think I like it.

Supergirl is firmly my second-favorite Arrowverse show now. Flash is still my #1. 

• Like 1

The actor in your spoiler does a fine job with it, IMO. Really well done. 

Supergirl is also my number two, but that's because I don't think I enjoy anything on TV as much as LoT. The Flash is definitely the shittiest, and I have never managed to get into Arrow. I'm hoping Batwoman is good, really looking forward to it! 

• Like 2

I tossed on the first episode of Titans today, finally, because I couldn't get New Japan World to work on my living room tv and didn't want to go back to my bedroom to watch... and I have to say, it's much better than I was expecting. I'm hoping that the show continues to impress me. Ever since Smallville, I've been hesitant to watch these types of shows because Smallville didn't interest me whatsoever, and as much praise as it gets, I don't think that I could enjoy Gotham as much as others do because I want my superhero shows to be about superheroes doing superhero things, right?

Maybe that's what is sticking out most for me about Titans. The action starts right away, and it's clearly about powered people doing comic book type things, as opposed to just trying to live a normal life. Like, if Titans was just a season worth of build up to Robin finally donning the suit and doing something, I'd probably give up pretty quick or just not watch at all.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 11:39, Benjamin said:

Supergirl is also my number two, but that's because I don't think I enjoy anything on TV as much as LoT. The Flash is definitely the shittiest, and I have never managed to get into Arrow. I'm hoping Batwoman is good, really looking forward to it! 

LoT is a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to catching up. I'm definitely excited for Batman, too.

@Gabriel Titans is solid and I'll that it surpassed my expectations. I'm looking forward to season 2, based on what they've announced so far and how S1 turned out.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 11:39, Benjamin said:

Be glad you can't get into Arrow. The last two seasons most episodes have been meh to garbage, and I'm actually glad it is ending after next season. And it was originally my favorite of the CW DC shows. (That's now Supergirl, with Legends close behind.) 

I finally watched Shazam this weekend. My goodness it was so much fun! I thought it did really well to appeal to both kids and adults. I'm a huge Chuck fan, so I knew I would enjoy it just for Zachary Levi, who was just amazing. I also loved that Adam Brody was the Shazam Freddie. Perfect adult version of him, and just takes me back to Seth Cohen, so just great. Jerry from TWD being there foster Dad was cool too, as he was one of the only good parts of that show before I stopped watching.

They definitely could've done so much more with the Seven Deadly Sins, to the point that I didn't even know who they all were. That was very poor. But otherwise, they nailed it. I'm behind a bit and still haven't seen Far From Home yet, but only Endgame beats it for comic book movies this year, and by far my favorite DCEU movie I've watched.