Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

HBO did a featurette on the show a month or so ago and laid the plot out.

Spoiler

the Seventh Cavalry are a white supremacist terrorist group who have adopted Rorschach's look. They also target police and their families, which in turn has led the police to wearing masks to conceal their identities. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Benjamin said:

So I guess it has nothing to do with the original story, which in a way is a good thing. 

Spoiler

"aiming to tell an entirely new story set in the world where the events of the original storyline took place."

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

HBO did a featurette on the show a month or so ago and laid the plot out.

Hide contents

the Seventh Cavalry are a white supremacist terrorist group who have adopted Rorschach's look. They also target police and their families, which in turn has led the police to wearing masks to conceal their identities. 

This makes no sense to me.  Rorschach was shown to be a pretty conservative hero.  I have no doubt, in the modern times, he would've been very Blue Lives Matter.  So to have others take on his image and be anti-cop is stupid

2 hours ago, Lint said:

This makes no sense to me.  Rorschach was shown to be a pretty conservative hero.  I have no doubt, in the modern times, he would've been very Blue Lives Matter.  So to have others take on his image and be anti-cop is stupid

Rorschach was a vigilante and the cops hated him - add into his arrest before he died and it totally makes sense his fanboys would be anti-cop. 

That said, there's no way I'm watching this, since Damon Lindolf's response to Alan Moore not wanting anything to do with the project was literally, "Fuck you, I'm doing it anyway." It's a creatively and morally bankrupt endeavour. 

Before he had the case that broke his mind, the one where he pieces together that a little girl he promised he could rescue had been chopped up and fed to dogs, Rorschach was a more respectable hero who had a hopeful view of the world. Back then I could see him being Pro-Police in a Batman way acknowledging the corruption within but believing it to be fixable. Post mindbreak though I absolutely see him as a ACAB type because he's lost all faith in people.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Watched Aquaman finally tonight!

I thought it was pretty good. I didn't go out of my way to see it, but it hit Crave a month or two ago, so I watched it with my wife. We laughed. We enjoyed the action. Who would have guessed that the best Post-Nolan DC movies would be Aquaman and Wonder Woman though?

To get ahead of it, I'm not counting Joker, because it has just released, and wasn't treated as a superhero film at all. It could have been any movie about a guy in that situation, who does what he does. That's not to say that it might not be cool to see a Joker movie like that... just that it doesn't "fit" as a superhero flick, and is more of a traditional drama/thriller.

18 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I thought it was pretty good. I didn't go out of my way to see it, but it hit Crave a month or two ago, so I watched it with my wife. We laughed. We enjoyed the action. Who would have guessed that the best Post-Nolan DC movies would be Aquaman and Wonder Woman though?

Shazam is better than both though

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, livid said:

Shazam is better than both though

I haven't seen that yet, but I'm excited to watch it. I've heard good things.

It's just crazy to think that DC banked on this huge cinematic universe, corner-stoned by Batman and Superman, which by all rights should have worked... only to have their "lesser" heroes be the ones to deliver the goods.

That just looks like a solo Harley Quinn movie so why is it called Birds of Prey? I don't see any notable BoP characters. 

Edit:Ah, there's Huntress.

Oh and Arrowverse Crisis Crossover spoilers below

Spoiler

4bt80i0dfzp31.png

probably not. I didn't really get much out of that trailer, personally, beyond "Margot Robbie was a good casting choice for Harley Quinn." Wanted way more of the other characters aside from Ewan McGregor as... I'm not sure who but I'm gonna take a wild guess on Black Mask.

EDI: ahahahahaha, yup

The problem is none of the characters besides Harley are recognizable. Huntress looks more like a shitty take on character from the old short-lived Birds of Prey tv series, and the rest look like they were cast and dressed by people who have no clue who the characters are.