Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Well Joker certainly was a movie I watched

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, El Tiburon said:

Saw Joker tonight. I thought it was good. It was extremely tense in parts and, overall, I thought it was directed well.

Thats what I thought.  I'd give it a solid 7/10.  It was good, not great, though the last act was fantastic I thought.  I really didn't see why people were hyping it up as Oscar worthy though.

And WHY did they have to use a song by a convicted pedophile? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Todd Phillips will say that it's because people can't take a joke nowadays 😕 

All I know is in the theater I saw it in, I was one of like 8 people in it.  That song hit, and I audibly went "Oh geez, why this song?"

• Like 1

Ad Astra was a decent little film. Enjoyed how quiet it was, and steadily paced. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tristy said:

isn't Ad Astra an original film and not based on a comic book or graphic novel?

Wrong thread >_>

• Haha 1

I concur with Lint and El Tiburon. The movie was good. Not great. Nothing mind-blowing. Definitely didn't live up to the hype. 

Also

Spoiler

What was the point of the subplot about his imaginary girlfriend? 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I concur with Lint and El Tiburon. The movie was good. Not great. Nothing mind-blowing. Definitely didn't live up to the hype. 

Also

Hide contents

What was the point of the subplot about his imaginary girlfriend? 

To really hammer in that he can be very delusional and provide something to help him "break down" even more

23 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

And did they really expect us to be surprised by the reveal? It was so obvious. And it felt so inconsequential. They could have cut that subplot out and it wouldn't have hurt the movie. 

A review I watched felt the opposite...not show that he was that delusional until that moment and delete all the other stuff showing it before hand.

I gotta admit it kinda got me.  I thought it was just showing him gaining confidence in himself.  Then when that scene happened, I sadly went "Oohhhh I get it"

When was the point that American film producers were meant to know about that, because it's in pretty much every sports film ever made, including plenty since it was common knowledge in the UK? It's a bit icky if you know, but shouldn't take away from the film unless it was intentional.

So, adding to the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" cast...

Spoiler

Tom Ellis was seen shooting scenes in-character as Lucifer Morningstar from the Lucifer series.