Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one part I despised about Gotham the most, was that they introduced this world where it seems small as hell, now. Everybody is now connected in some way to the Wayne murder, every freaking villain. I wished they had played it more like just these bunch of villains (and Gordon and Bruce) just living in the same city. That way they can discuss the current happenings and whatnot, but not immediately shove everybody down our throats.

Alfred is probably my favourite character, though. Alfred and Penguin. Fish is definitely my least, can't wait for her to be taken down. Think they should really slow down from here, and I hope they do.

• Like 1

Gotham Pilot discussion:

The one part I despised about Gotham the most, was that they introduced this world where it seems small as hell, now. Everybody is now connected in some way to the Wayne murder, every freaking villain. I wished they had played it more like just these bunch of villains (and Gordon and Bruce) just living in the same city. That way they can discuss the current happenings and whatnot, but not immediately shove everybody down our throats.

Alfred is probably my favourite character, though. Alfred and Penguin. Fish is definitely my least, can't wait for her to be taken down. Think they should really slow down from here, and I hope they do.

I don't mind Fish too much, but there was one scene of hers I absolutely despised. Why, if you know Penguin has betrayed you, would you first get him to rub your feet for all of 10 seconds before telling him you know about it? Either get the full foot rub first or don't bother at all! And handing him a knife? You're an idiot, Fish.

Gotham Pilot discussion:

That was the point, IDM. She WANTED Penguin to know he still served her, and she WANTED Penguin to try and make an attack with the knife. It's why she called him Penguin, she was deliberately goading him into attacking her, and then knocking him out to show he was beneath her.

Yeah, she's going to pay for that sooner or later.

The slow intro to Catwoman, and the way they used her I think was good, and gives her/Bruce something to play up in later seasons (if the show goes that far). Nygma as ME is great. Penguin needs to be gone for a few episodes before reappearing. Really, the only villian I felt was shoe-horned in was Ivy, and I don't see her making another appearance for a while now.

Overall, I liked it. For a Pilot it was what it was. Now the test will be seeing how it carries on over the next few episodes.

I don't mind Fish too much, but there was one scene of hers I absolutely despised. Why, if you know Penguin has betrayed you, would you first get him to rub your feet for all of 10 seconds before telling him you know about it? Either get the full foot rub first or don't bother at all! And handing him a knife? You're an idiot, Fish.

Okay nevermind I'll keep watching this for Jada. Jada is Eartha Kitting it up and I love it.

EDIT: Conversely, uuuuuuuuuuuugh this interpretation of Alfred Pennyworth is one I am ALREADY done with.

My three problems with GOTHAM.....so far:

1. No way they'll ever be able to use the Joker before he became the Joker, and everyone and their brother should be extremely pissed if Harvey Dent shows up and he's not around the same age as Bruce.

and....(Spoilers, because this has to do with the pilot)

2. Selina witnessing the murder? Seriously?!

3. Complete agreement with GoGo about Alfred. Love the casting (Sean Pertwee is brilliant), but I guess this also means we won't be seeing Lestrade pop up again any time soon on ELEMENTARY. (P.S. I'd love to see him be the 13th or 14th Doctor)

Edited by GhostMachine

Thoughts on Gotham

- Bullock was the star of the show, but I came away really liking Det. Gordon by the end.

- Penguin dude is soooo goofy. I don't know, I'll have to warm up to him. Not that Penguin isn't OTT, but this guy seemed a bit too much. Still has his crappy hair from Would You Rather, too.

- Like IDM, I really enjoyed how Alfred comforted Bruce and then had him not show weakness when they walked toward the media.

- Ivy seemed unnecessary with Riddler and Catwoman also showing up, but I did kind of enjoy the change in her origin.

Overall, an okay pilot. It got me interested to see more, but was pretty eh as a stand-alone episode. I'm hoping they can use some more lesser known characters from Batman lore instead of getting into the Riddler/Joker/Two-Face/Penguin type of thing. Not asking for Clock King or anything, but you know...

Avengers 3 rumor:

Avengers 3 to be split into two movies? I'd be fine with that, actually, as long as it gave an epic story against Thanos, based on the Infinity Gauntlet. I also read somewhere the other day that it would probably incorporate other heroes not on the Avengers roster, like the Guardians, so... Yes please!

I don't think you really need to spoiler the rumor it could be a two parter. :P

I'm not sure on that. On the one hand, I've yet to see the two parter film that doesn't feel disjointed. On the other hand, this isn't really an adaption the same way something like Harry Potter or Hunger Games is. You could hopefully build just two really good films that happen to lead directly into one another. It depends how they do it, if Part 1 is just a set up for Part 2, it'll be a waste of an Avengers films. If they make just a really good Avengers film that happens to lead into a second one (I'm thinking, basically make Empire Strikes Back when it comes to the ending) which releases the next year, then holy shit, I'm down for that.

The main thing would be that it'd need to be only like a year gap between them. And I'm really not sure how you could do that without just not releasing a second Marvel film that year.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of movies being cut into two parts. If they do it as TKz mentioned and just have two really great movies that move seamlessly between each other then I can get behind but they've done the two parter way too many times and usually by the end of the first part, I find myself not caring about the second part so much. (ex: The Hobbit)

That's really the problem with all of the ones we've seen thus far, which is that the books they're adapted from aren't set up for a two parter. You need a big moment as a go home for the first film. It needs to play out more like a midseason finale, for example. A few cliffhangers are fine, but they should feel like something we're building towards, rather than TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO SEE IF BATMAN CAN ESCAPE THE BOMB. Han Solo being kidnapped works because it's more of a plot development for the character than a hook to get you back next time.

If we end Avengers 3: Part 1 with Tony Stark confronting Thanos and then CUT TO CREDITS. That's bullshit. That's the sort of thing that'll piss people off waiting a year for. The cliffhanger shouldn't be what the film has been building up to.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU THE HOBBIT: DESOLATION OF SMAUG.

• Like 3

The only way it could possibly work is they do not introduce Guardians until the very end of the first movie. Avengers have been fighting Thanos etc on Earth and in Space (climactic battle at the end of the film) they realise they are out of their depth so to speak and as soon as the "final blow" happens to someone (say Iron Man or Hulk) you see them coming in to save the day. End it on "Looks like you could use some help..."

It'll have to be done right though