Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I agree and I ultimately am skeptical about its feasibility but this is Marvel. Everyone thought The Avengers wasn't feasible and look what happened.

Like I said, who knows what the MCU will look like in 20 years and how large the world is so I'm not going to complete out dismiss it.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think they need Spiderman for Civil War. There is no other masked character in Marvel who's even close to his status that they could use in his role. They need a deeper roster of characters as well.

I love the idea of them getting the rights back to everyone and doing it, but I can't imagine Sony ever giving up Spiderman unless the bottom completely drops out of the comic book movie genre.

• Like 1

Sony actually allowed a spiderman nod into avengers in the form of an Osborne building. They didn't have the time to add it however.

Trust me, Sony would LOVE getting spiderman a guest spot in one if the highest grossing series if all time. Because they would get paid to advertise. Not a lot of people get that.

Pay, lawyers, contract, cameo. Done. They did it for avengers they can do it here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-spin-deadpool-gets-734172?facebook_20140918

Deadpool is soon to be a thing!

I have to think that the reaction to the test footage had something to do with this. And I wouldn't be surprised if the success of Guardians helped a little too.

Yay! I hope Reynolds still stars in it.

Both definitely helped. The test footage seemed like the type of thing that was leaked on purpose to gauge the reaction to begin with (if it wasn't so long after it was made, I'd feel less cynical about it) and Guardians proved that you don't need a completely serious comic book adaptation to still make money.

And I was just about to say that Reynolds would definitely star because he's been attached to it for so long but I thought the same thing with Edgar Wright and Ant-Man so who knows anymore.

It's a shame that Green Lantern might go against him for it. I think he'll pull through in the end and get the role - considering fan support is half the reason it's getting made, I doubt they'll not go with the person that sold people on it in the first place.

• Like 1

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/19/cbs-orders-supergirl-series

Supergirl will be a show... on CBS. 0_0

I mean, the creative team from the article talks about Berlanti Productions who work on Arrow and Flash, with Ali Adler who worked on Chuck and No Ordinary Family... but CBS? I don't know, it just doesn't seem like a good fit. Something just tells me it'll be closer to those first horrible seasons of Smallville than it is to Flash or Arrow. Maybe they'll be desperate enough for new drama content to just let them do what they like.

Supergirl just had a really good run in the comics, too. I'd like to see her handled well.

Arrow season 1 was...something early on. Even if Supergirl starts off less than perfect it can be fixed.

Edited by Kirkland

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/dc-getting-its-tv-fall-160259

President of The CW says there is discussions about making the upcoming Teen Titans show on TNT part of the Arrow Universe

• Like 1

To anyone who missed the pilot episode of Gotham, it's available to stream for free on Fox's website

My thoughts:

Obviously everyone and their sister didn't need to be introduced in the pilot episode. They could have easily spaced out the debut of characters like Ivy and Catwoman or Riddler. At least they're saving Joker for a later date. I hope he's not the comedian they show. I hope he kills the comedian they show.

I don't mind all the backstory changes, except for maybe Ivy, which I just wasn't overly fond of. Joe Chill being a hitman, Selina being a street-rat, Penguin being a lackey and Nygma working in forensics are all pretty cool, especially Nygma. Dying to see the episode where unsolvable crimes start going down for GPD to solve and they come to the conclusion only someone from within would know all of their procedures well enough to counteract them.

Penguin's rise to eat Fish will be awesome. Looking forward to that. Seeing him scarf down that sandwich made me think he's a beanpole now, but starts to eat out of anger, and thus by season four he's put on 150 lbs or so. Also dying to see Gordon whooping his fellow officers' asses when things come to a boiling point. Looking at you Batman: Year One.

What little Alfred did made him really endearing to me. Hugs Bruce after his parents' murder, and then orders proper posture on the walk out.

Was let down that the butcher came in as the first gimmicky hooded character and was promptly blown to bits. He could have been a cool new character!

Felt like there were a lot of plot holes. "We killed an innocent man!" Flashback to "innocent man" trying to murder a fucking police officer with a knife. Flashback to the beginning of the episode where Bullock is telling Gordon it's okay to kill a man trying to take an officer's life.

There was a lot that was jarring in the episode but nothing that can't be put behind us in subsequent episodes' awesomeness.

• Like 1