Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Oooh, that's kind of cool. I wonder if there'll be links to Hank Pym's research or something in AoU?

Otherwise, eh. I can't help but feel like this is one of those films that really needed a strong villain. And I'm not sure I've heard anything to convince me that'll happen yet.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ultron. I think he's probably busy though.

I'm kind of hoping they just go all out and make Hank Pym a bad guy, somehow. He's one of the few characters I'd like to see played that way, especially in the MCU. Michael Douglas is one of the few actors in this so far that could really pull it off, too.

Is Janet going to be in the movie? The wiki entry only says the daughter is in.

Also, this has possible spoilers for the Ant-Man movie, so read at your own risk, I guess: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ant-man-movie-filming-update-plot-spoilers-special-appearances-avengers-2-connection-1461477

Apparently it's going to be a passing-of-the-torch thing, so that rules Pym out as a bad guy, right? I'd be damn glad to have Redford back as a young Alexander Pierce, though.

Eh, he can be a conflicted villain. It's not out of the Hank Pym spectrum to have good intentions and go about it the wrong way.

We're talking about the guy that invented Ultron and helped clone Thor, that then killed other heroes during Civil War.

Eh, he can be a conflicted villain. It's not out of the Hank Pym spectrum to have good intentions and go about it the wrong way.

We're talking about the guy that invented Ultron and helped clone Thor, that then killed other heroes during Civil War.

Wasn't the Yellowjacket who helped clone Thor a skrull?

I think so, too.

But, with that said, they'd have to set his origin story in the past because he can't be the well respected figure that his is in the Marvel Universe if his stuff happens in contemporary times. We'll see how they tackle it, I guess.

On the Dr. Strange thing, I imagine they'll spend a little bit of time summing his origin up, but if his mention in Winter Soldier is any indication he's clearly dabbling in stuff that an ordinary doctor wouldn't already, so not having the whole movie be his origins makes sense.

Not sure if this has been posted, but The Rock has confirmed he's in the Shazam movie.

Has he said as who? I've seen him rumored for both Captain Marvel and Black Adam.