Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

WB/DC blinked and now Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will open on March 25, 2016 instead of its original May 6, 2016 date that was shared by Cap 3.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-moves-to-march-2016-1201277114/

They also announced a ton of release dates for some untitled DC films.

Untitled DC Film August 5, 2016

Untitled DC Film June 23, 2017

Untitled DC Film November 17, 2017

Untitled DC Film March 23, 2018

Untitled DC Film July 27, 2018

Untitled WB Event Film November 16, 2018

Untitled DC Film April 5, 2019

Untitled DC Film June 14, 2019

Untitled DC Film April 3, 2020

Untitled DC Film June 19, 2020

Untitled WB Event Film November 20, 2020

http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-comics-movie-release-dates/

Edited by livid

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event film? I kind of love the idea of them doing like... a film based around a big crossover adaption. Justice League: Flashpoint and the like.

That's a fucking lot of films, though. Learn to walk before you run, DC. Marvel only just started the two a year approach.

Glad they moved Batman Vs. Superman, though. No one benefits from opening the same day.

Yeah, I was thinking the opposite. Since it'll just be me, I'm going to go and have the biggest steak they serve and a few beers. :shifty:

movietavern in Collegeville?

For Maxx, I will.

I could go on for pages, but for me, it sums up not on just how he gets back to Gotham (with no way or cash or connections. Keep in mind he had no costume, no passport and no friends due to being the most hated man on the planet for losing every ones cash). I mean, this guy couldn't even afford his LIGHT BILL. But he gets back and lets move on. We have to, to get to the actual stupidest betrayal in the whole of moviedom that could have had superman snapping necks like he's fist of the fucking north star and still made more sense. Let's move on from how he got home.

no, its what he does when he gets back. He somehow knows the bombs going to blow up by the MINUTE, (though he was in no way involved in that process, so how would he know? Unless he could have turned the device into a bomb the whole time, in which case, why not just disarm it if you know how its done?) and then goes to the bridge.

Now, realize, he just got back, suited up, and SOMEHOW repairs the autopilot off camera (this is of course before reaching the plane since they later show him not remembering where he left it. Seriously, greatest detective my ass, wonder woman's is invisible and SHE can find it.)

So you got Batman on this bridge. He has just sneaked by the army, the entire city of Gotham, and all the reporters because the whole worlds media is watching this bridge. He did so with NO bat gadgets, and had to enter the one only bridge in the city still standing.

And then he starts hauling 400 liters of gas to the top of this bridge. think about that. He wants to blow his element of surprise to paint a giant bat symbol on the only bridge left. He hauls by hand 400 liters of gas up and down, and paints a huge symbol all over the bridge.

Below him? Gordon is going out on the ice. Now, batman's painting this bridge for hours now. Have to be, because he is be himself and once again avoiding 3 ARMIES worth of detection on the one point that he is covering with petrol. I guess the wind was blowing... upwards? Sure. Why not.

So Gordon's going out on this ice, and batman KNOWS.. he KNOWS the ice is made to break, since there has been trials and people out there and he's watching them all die while painting this bridge. Whats he do? He finishes painting the bridge.

I can only imagine what he is thinking.

"there he is. the only man I ever trusted to be a good cop. The one I went to first when I was just starting to become the batman. The one I trusted to save the city from villains at the expense of my reputation. The very cop that lent me his coat when my parents were killed. I could even say I love that man. And he is about to die.

But man, I am almost done painting what kinda looks like a bat and when I am done I'm gunna set it on fire and it will look so COOL. I should hurry though. Tralala"

And so he does exactly that. Then swoops down, and in armour a HELL of a lot heavier than that skinny fucker who died before stands there on the ice, and has a conversation. A CONVERSATION.

And then has the BALLS to say "we had better hurry up though, this city is about to blow up in a day. Oh, by the way, FLAMING BAT SIGN! FUCK YEAH! Took me HOURS!"

So, yes, batman is an asshole. And completely insane. And fuck you, fuck YOU, if you think this is somehow a better movie than the Dark Knight.

Edited by EWB's Best Poster.
  • Like 5

The flaming bat signal was fucking awful. The movie also featured some shaky logic, a total copout of an ending, and one of the cheesiest deaths in cinematic history. On the plus side, Bane was awesome. It's not so much a bad movie so much as it's just very very average compared to the precedent set by the first two. It's much better on a rewatch with lowered expectations.

• Like 3

I vote we stop all stating our opinions on TDKR, pretty sure none of us gain anything by telling everyone how we should feel about a film everyone's already made their minds up on.

:(

There's nothing wrong with discussing a movie. No one is trying to change anyone's mind. I'm venting more than persuading. And with a movie like TDKR, it feels good to vent. It's been 2 years and I still enjoy ranting about it.

Let me sum up the dark knight returns for you. He falls for a girl then is betrayed. And then....

Also, in the second movie? Batman is forced to choose between justice and the woman he loves.

In the first movie? He has to stop a device capable of dehydrating anything it points at instantly.

In case you didnt know it?

You've seen this movie before.

PURE WEST.

Thats right, all three of those plot points, considered the height of the movies, and its all ripped off from these guys.

http://dcinfinite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Batman1966.jpg

Whiskey dehydrator, going back for Kitka, the betrayal, and a bomb.

All in the 1960's batman. Or as I call him: Best Batman.

• Like 4

I just read a CinemaBlend article (I know, I'm not sure what made me do it either) about how origin films need to stop.

Am I the only one that thinks that's a stupid complaint with little to no basis? Especially in this genre? Where nearly all of the best films of each franchise are the origin films? Iron Man, Thor, Guardians, Batman Begins, First Class?

I mean I agree that Spider-Man didn't need it, especially so recently after the last one, but outside of characters we've already seen the origins of, what's the problem? It's not like we're getting another Batman origin with Batman Vs. Superman. Fuck, even Man of Steel wasn't really an origin film, it had elements of it but we didn't spend two hours watching him learn how to punch things.

Apart from Amazing Spider-Man, I don't think I've had any problems with the origin films we've had. They've all been necessary introductions to the characters and usually end up being the most well balanced of the franchises.