Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to think Shield saw the coming of Thor as anything but an attack. Even when he first showed back up, it's not like he did so on friendly terms. It's not like he had a giant "don't worry I am a hero" sign on him.

I can't think of anything he really DID in the first movie that was heroic, as far as the people of that town were concerned.

But you are misremembering if you think Loki helped form the avengers. What with him never showing his face at all to them. They had no real idea he existed. Hell, the main female protagonist doesn't even meet the guy until AFTER the avengers.

With the exception of a small conversation between thor and loki, loki doesn't really set foot on Earth in the first Thor movie.

No, I would say it is actually the threat not of Thor, but the idea there are people like him that sets Shield to alter their plans. In that sense, Thor is by far the bigger game changer. Loki? They had an avengers initiative ready FOR him, it's not like they had to suddenly change what they had planned.

Yes, Thor's first impression with SHIELD was of a crazy guy who was after the hammer. By the end of the film, however, he had stopped the Destroyer wrecking more stuff and pledged to Coulson that his aim was to protect the Earth. And yes, he was - as stated by Fury - the reason Phase 2 came into being, so he certainly set SHIELD on the path they ended up on.

That said, though, there is a gigantic difference between a government agency knowing about aliens and keeping it under wraps, and all of humanity knowing that aliens exist. Coulson touches on it briefly in Agents of SHIELD in one of the first episodes, where with aliens in the mix the borders between countries are starting to blur. Realistically, aliens existing would be one of the possible things that could unite humanity almost completely, and is a huge turning point.

Also, Johnny got what I meant about forming the Avengers. They were "Avengers" when they met, but only because SHIELD had named them such. They weren't a team until after Loki attacked the helicarrier and killed Coulson. Stark tells Loki that he pissed them all off, and that was the impetus that got them to work together as a team.

So basically, in his time on Earth, Loki tore the lid off the coverup of aliens existing in spectacular fashion - you can't get any more showy than portal to space above New York - and also was the catalyst for all of the known superheroes in the Marvel universe teaming up, to become a force to be reckoned with. The ramifications of that are enormous when you think about them.

Ethan Hawke is another name who could be cast as Dr. Strange and would be perfect, yes. I'm impressed at how many of the names that have been rumored make me go "oh shit that would be great."

• Like 1

Doubtful since he's on Agents of Shield

Ethan Hawke is another name who could be cast as Dr. Strange and would be perfect, yes. I'm impressed at how many of the names that have been rumored make me go "oh shit that would be great."

This. Like, it doesn't even make sense anymore.

The city of Gotham is about to welcome another villain into the mix.

Nicholas D’Agosto (Masters Of Sex) has been cast as Harvey Dent in Fox’s freshman drama Gotham, EW has confirmed. Those familiar with the Batman series will know that Dent becomes the hideous villain Two-Face. D’Agosto will recur for the rest of the first season with an option to become a regular in season 2.

Dent is described as a “bright, charming, idealistic Assistant District Attorney” trying to rid Gotham of its crime. Dexter alum David Zayas has already been tapped to play mob boss Salvatore Maroni, the man responsible for disfiguring Dent and his transformation. Aaron Eckhart played the role of Dent in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight

Okay, they're royally fucking up things if they're bringing Dent is as an adult, since he's supposed to be around the same age as Bruce and the tragedy of Two-Face is that he was one of Bruce's close friends before the accident.

What's next? Bringing in the Joker and having him introduce himself to someone by his real name in the first scene, with Harley being his girlfriend before the transformation?

And Hawke as Dr. Strange is not a good idea. (Great actor, but wrong for the part) Too bad it won't be Phoenix. Hell, Ralph Fiennes would make a good Doctor Strange.