Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Lantern may not even be better than the Incredible Hulk...

Ah, Hulk was alright. His fight with blonski the first time was pretty awesome.

Hard to say with one I liked least. Is it iron man 2? I wish they hadn't cut so much of whiplash out, since rourke did his best to really flush the character out and they left it on the floor. He actually says some pretty nasty shit about the movie for that.

I actually have to say the third one. Not because I dont like the plot, or the characters or the fights. I just got tired of seeing him wave his hands and the suits fly apart and grab him over and over. It got tedious. Even then, I can't say its "bad".

I wouldn't put Thor over Cap though, personally. But Thor isn't clicking with me as much, I guess. Rest of the cast is, but he and his girl arent.

Iron Man 2 is horrible. It honestly is the only bad movie of the MCU (though for some TDW might be bad as well).

I might have been exaggerating that it's worse than Green Lantern, though. At least it didn't have the piece of cardboard that is Blake Lively.

In more DC rumors, they've allegedly got Will Smith and Tom Hardy circling Suicide Squad, and are also trying to being Ryan Gosling into the mix.

Gosling would be an okay Deadshot in the Arrow mold of the character, I guess, but I think they could get someone who could do it better. But then I think I'm just a little tired of him in general.

The casting news in the spoiler I am ALL ABOUT. Do want.

I'm not totally for a Civil War film, but a theme that'll help connect that phases films would be good. I think the last phase has suffered in places without a key vision to unite it. Iron Man 3 and Thor: TDW definitely felt like water treading compared to Cap 2 or Guardians, which really expanded on the MCU. I think with sequels, we've reached a point where you really need to add something to the bigger story. I think that's why Thor: TDW sucked so much, because it was invested in revisiting what we've established (Thor on Earth) rather than expanding on Asgard and the Nine Realms.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that TDW did establish the concept of the Infinity Stones in the context of the MCU. Before TDW the Tesseract was just an Asgardian relic, but after TDW it's one of the three Infinity Stones we've seen so far, along with the Aether from TDW and the Power stone from GOTG.

It's kinda like how Captain America was the weakest of the first phase movies, but it introduced the Tesseract, which was vital to the plot of The Avengers. The way things are tracking you've gotta think Avengers 3 will have Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Only question would be when the rest of the stones will show up I guess.

It's also said that the Staff Loki used to mind control Hawk eye is also an infinity stone

Nah, the Chitauri Sceptre is distinct from the Tesseract. Loki was provided with the Sceptre as part of the deal he made to obtain the Tesseract (to then supposedly hand over to Thanos after conquering Earth).

But although it makes a lot of sense for it to be another Infinity Stone (the one for Mind, if we're even able to apply proper names to them all in the MCU)...I've not seen it officially acknowledged as such anywhere, nor has it appeared on any occasion where the Infinity Stones are mentioned and we're offered a glimpse of the Tesseract/Aether. This makes me think it might just be Another Powerful Thing, though for all I know I'll get proven wrong when it (by way of Strucker and the twins) possibly makes another appearance in Age of Ultron.