Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how it could possibly work in the current MCU and honestly, I'm not that psyched at the idea of another film of Captain America on the run. Saying all that, Variety are the most reliable for these kind of announcements, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting a variation of that story rather than an actual adaption. They're really bringing out the big guns against Batman Vs. Superman.

At this point we just can't rule out anything with this company.

I look forward to the next set of Netflix shows to be based on Squirrel Girl, Beta Ray Bill, Cosmo The Space Dog and Agents of Atlas. And for all of them to work and be giant hits.

In Marvel I trust. They've done me no wrong so far, so there's no reason to assume they can't make the Civil War story work too. I mean, they've been sort of building to this conflict between Cap and Stark since Avengers anyways. Plus

if it does lead to Bucky or Falcon taking over as Cap, it gives Evans the perfect out. Which may have been what spurred the entire story to begin with.

Edited by livid

With a rejig around their tv and film universe it can sort of work. It's a bit light on characters but that may not be a problem overall and you can use Agents of SHIELD to introduce some of those "under the radar" out of their depth heroes and break up the rest. They could even bring in Ghost Rider, Daredevil (especially with the new show - could he fill the "unmasking" moment?) and any others they've got the rights to (Blade?) in some way to bring those into the universe. Not saying that's how they'll do it of course, just hypothesising based on who's been on screen relatively recently and not in the hands of other studios.

Obviously execution is hard to guess at the moment but they've been generally very good with these things so I'm sure if that's the direction they're taking they'll execute it well if not perfectly in line with the source.

My guess is that it's going to be the theme of Heroes Vs. Heroes with something other than the registration act as the reason.

Seeing as Iron Man will apparently be the creator of Ultron, I'm thinking that his creation of a big villain could potentially lead to him siding with the government against The Avengers being left unchecked, whilst Cap fights against them being mobilized as a weapon.

I'm not totally for a Civil War film, but a theme that'll help connect that phases films would be good. I think the last phase has suffered in places without a key vision to unite it. Iron Man 3 and Thor: TDW definitely felt like water treading compared to Cap 2 or Guardians, which really expanded on the MCU. I think with sequels, we've reached a point where you really need to add something to the bigger story. I think that's why Thor: TDW sucked so much, because it was invested in revisiting what we've established (Thor on Earth) rather than expanding on Asgard and the Nine Realms.

I think that's why I was never so invested in Iron Man 3, because it was a deeper look into a character we already know pretty well, rather than anything all that new. It'll be interesting to see if Cap 3 can dodge that, because they had a pretty easy time making it stand out against the first thanks to the setting change.

Step right up Ewan McGregor, it's your turn to ride the Dr. Strange casting carousel!

Wouldn't be a bad choice, he has the right face for it.

It was Keanu Reeves touted for it yesterday. Seriously, Marvel just needs to announce this thing... >_>

Ezra Miller is apparently The Flash for DC's movie universe.

Holy shit, that's fantastic casting.

Also, Suicide Squad will be the first post-BvS DC movie.

Wonder Woman and Justice League in 2017

The Flash and Aquaman in 2018

Shazam and Justice League 2 in 2019

http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-movie-slate-revealed/

Edited by livid

Suicide Squad is kind of a boring choice for a follow up, would've preferred Wonder Woman. But that's a nice set of films.

I'll be shocked if Aquaman doesn't end up mostly as John's run from New 52 in live action. Not that I'd complain about that...

I am too but that's mostly because of David Ayer's involvement. Though that news of Ezra Miller as The Flash definitely piqued my interest/eased my fears a bit in having the TV and film universes seperate.

Edited by livid

I wrote this all out for myself, but just wanted to show how crazy 2016 looks at the moment.

So in 2016, we got:

Deadpool

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Captain America 3

X-Men: Apocalypse

Doctor Strange

Suicide Squad

Sinister Six

2017:

The Wolverine Sequel

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

2018:

The Flash

Aquaman

The Amazing Spider-Man 3

2019:

Shazam

Justice League 2

2020:

Cyborg

Green Lantern

Unspecified:

X-Force

The Amazing Spider-Man 4

Venom

Avengers 3

Thor 3?

Anything else I'm missing? 7 comic book films in 2016, wonder if after that is when the comic book film boom might explode.

Warner Brothers has cast Ezra Miller to play The Flash in movie adaptations. That's a mistake IMO.

Being a great actor doesn't necessarily make him great for a part. Not that I have any stake in this whatsoever seeing as I've never sen Ezra Miller in anything and I don't really care about the DC movies.

Huh? I haven't read anything confirming which iteration they're going with.

And I mean, I understand being a great actor doesn't necessarily translate but I wouldn't have said if I didn't believe he was a (presumably) good fit for the role.

And Ezra probably took a break but he's got a few things coming out in the next year.

Edited by livid