Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

They do pay off a lot of the boring aspects of the first half of the season well in the second half, so that's nice. I'm enjoying season 2 thusfar as well.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely found it's flow now. It's not on the level of Arrow in terms of "holy shit this got so good", but it works well and I'm actually looking forward to it each week this season.

Just a shame it couldn't have picked up earlier on, I think a lot of the damage might be done by now.

Eh, I think there are some previous ones you still need to watch to get what the basic idea of the first half of the season was. Let me skim through season 1 and figure out what those are.

EDIT: Oh shit, "Eye Spy" for sure.

EDIT II: I'd say the most skippable episodes of the first half of the season are episodes 6, 8, and 9. Episode 5 introduces a semi-major recurring villain but it's not very good so you don't have to bother if you don't want to. You could also skip "Yes Men" since it's not hugely plot-relevant, but it's the episode with Lady Sif so I'd watch it anyway.

Yeah that and FZZT are really the only ones I thought were worth highlighting but not necessarily required viewing.

See, I had "FZZT" as a skippable one, although it does have one of Clark Gregg's absolute best scenes as Coulson.

Yeah that and FZZT are really the only ones I thought were worth highlighting but not necessarily required viewing.

See, I had "FZZT" as a skippable one, although it does have one of Clark Gregg's absolute best scenes as Coulson.

Yeah that scene elevates that episode so much for me.

Potentially massive Captain America 3 spoilers

The villain may very well be Tony Stark.

Reports are RDJ is in final negotiations to join the film, potentially kicking off, for better or worse, the Civil War storyline. I'm against them doing Civil War, but I give them props for attempting it. Certainly makes the rumors about Spider-Man joining the MCU even more exciting.

If you want to cut out some of the fat, Episode 14 when Bill Paxton's character shows up, is a good place to start

I'm OCD in that I can't just jump into a show and start watching from a certain point. If I miss an episode of a show, I stop watching until the whole season is done.

I have no idea how it could possibly work in the current MCU and honestly, I'm not that psyched at the idea of another film of Captain America on the run. Saying all that, Variety are the most reliable for these kind of announcements, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting a variation of that story rather than an actual adaption. They're really bringing out the big guns against Batman Vs. Superman.

At this point we just can't rule out anything with this company.

I look forward to the next set of Netflix shows to be based on Squirrel Girl, Beta Ray Bill, Cosmo The Space Dog and Agents of Atlas. And for all of them to work and be giant hits.

• Like 1

I told you guys they were planning Civil War! :P

I was against them doing the original Civil War - apparently they're rebooting that storyline in 2015.

That's not really accurate, they just tweeted a new cover with Civil War - Summer 2015. I highly doubt they're doing it again, seems a lot more like they're releasing an omnibus or doing some alt. universe stuff alongside/after Secret Wars. It's pretty clear they're not just doing it again, as the characters shown are all completely different now. I'm not saying Steve Rogers is staying an old man forever or that Stark won't go back to Red & Yellow, but there's no way those changes get reverted in under a year.