Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

From what I've read, thats the same trailer shown privately at Comic Con. I wouldn't be surprised if the "leak" is intentional and the trailer shown during AoS is completely different

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the trailer that'll be shown during Agents of SHIELD will have some never-before-seen footage or something like that.

Apparently the trailer that'll be shown during Agents of SHIELD will have some never-before-seen footage or something like that.

That reeks of "Shit! Add stuff at the last second so it's different!"

Watched it the other night, not too bad, CGI was a bit shoddy, and the re-shot ending annoyed me a little....

Constantine is supposed to be a complete arsehole who would manipulate a situation to get things to work the way he thinks is best even if it cost some kid their life. He’s not the type to go scare someone to safety if having them around makes his life easier. The ending was obviously for the character switch to Zed, but it was a little too NBC-nice for me.

I'm just going to say now - if people really think the Constantine show is going to be perfectly accurate to the character in the comics, they're kidding themselves. I know, we all love Constantine as a dick that'd sell his own mother out to help himself, but you need to meet them half way on this. It's already up against it being an NBC show on a Friday night, making the main character completely unlikable isn't going to do it any favors.

Short of maybe Del Toro's Justice League Dark, I doubt we'll ever get a better representation of Constantine in live action. Not a shot at you in particular, fourstar, I just feel like people are being unrealistic with their expectations in some really nitpicky ways.

And I said my piece in General Television Thread, but yeah, it was a pretty good first episode. They could do with chilling out on the CGI a bit and going for a less is more approach in future, but it was a good pilot, better than Arrow's or SHIELD. Flash will probably forever hold the title for best superhero pilot, though.

I think she got written out. If it was the Liv character, she was initially meant to be a co-star and was in the pilot, but written out once regular filming began according to Wikipedia.

Also holy shit wait what The Spectre is meant to be a recurring character? I might have to start watching Constantine.

Yeah, the creators didn't like the path they felt she started them on. I think the idea is to try and be more story focused and less episodic, giving us the world from Constantine's view rather than exploring it through someone new to it. I liked her character well enough, but it sounds like her character being taken out might result in a better show.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that Constantine can be a little... I dunno, intense? Sometimes I felt like he just needed to chill a bit when he was speaking. I'm sure it's the sort of thing that'll get better after a while, it just kind of took me out of it at times.

Man, after all the interesting and out there choices, he just seems so... safe.

I mean I'm sure he'll be great, but I can't help but wonder what a Joaquin Phoenix or Jared Leto led Dr. Strange film could've been.

Yeah, there was this downpour of actors who I could perfectly envision in my head as Dr. Strange. Not Leto as much (though he would have been fine don't get me wrong), but Joaquin Phoenix and Ethan Hawke and Ewan McGregor were all guys I was HYPED for. Cumberbatch... eh. Maybe it's still my absolute contempt for Star Trek Into Darkness talking though.

If nothing else, I'm pretty psyched to see Cumberbatch work alongside guys like Downey Jr, Evans and Hemsworth eventually. He's a great actor that'll probably bring something special to the role if he's into it enough. Seeing as he keeps falling short in serious dramatic stuff, he's probably a lock for a good few films too.

I hope you're all prepared for the sheer amount of shipping Dr. Strange is about to get from Tumblr! Dr. Strange to Dr. Who! Think of the slashfic!

If nothing else, I'm pretty psyched to see Cumberbatch work alongside guys like Downey Jr, Evans and Hemsworth eventually. He's a great actor that'll probably bring something special to the role if he's into it enough. Seeing as he keeps falling short in serious dramatic stuff, he's probably a lock for a good few films too.

I hope you're all prepared for the sheer amount of shipping Dr. Strange is about to get from Tumblr! Dr. Strange to Dr. Who! Think of the slashfic!

...I fucking hate Tumblr.