Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems silly to go with Barry when we've got a (so far) major hit featuring the character already. I guess Barry is arguably the most well known Flash.

I don't really know about Erza and how he'll do, but I'd have liked to have seen an adult Flash to spice it up a bit.

Also, it's been basically known for ages, but they confirmed Jason Mamoa for Aquaman.

Yeah but they've been pretty clear the DC shows aren't in the same universe so I don't see why it really matters. If people are going to get confused, they're going to get confused by there being two Flashes, not necessarily because it's two Barry Allens.

To be fair, he's going to be the youngest of the JL members by quite a bit. Well I guess the guy they got for Cyborg is pretty young too.

Though I must admit to being psyched as hell when that rumor hit that Scoot McNairy's character in BvS was The Flash.

Edited by livid

To be fair, he's going to be the youngest of the JL members by quite a bit.

It wasn't really a comment on the overall age of the Justice League or whatever, though.

Right, I know that, I was just pointing out that him being young within the context of the heroes he's going to be around is better than another 30-40something beefcake (not that they would have cast a beefcake for the role).

Edited by livid

Speaking of young heroes, it's weird that they've barely touched on the kids as heroes thing in any adaptions yet. When you consider that Spider-Man was always presented as late teens (and both Tobey and Garfield looked over 20) we've not had an adaption with a kid hero. Shazam will probably be the first time it happens and I'm willing to bet they'll age him up too.

Well, I mean, it wouldn't because Billy Batson isn't who will be fighting The Rock, it'd be Captain Marvel. They're surely going to need two different actors.

And eh, if we're not going Jordan then I want Stewart. I'd probably take Gardner over Rayner too, just for the hilarity of Guy Gardner getting a live action adaption.

If they make a GL with John Stewart I will go out of my way to see that as long as he's not played by The Rock.

I'm not totally for a Civil War film, but a theme that'll help connect that phases films would be good. I think the last phase has suffered in places without a key vision to unite it. Iron Man 3 and Thor: TDW definitely felt like water treading compared to Cap 2 or Guardians, which really expanded on the MCU. I think with sequels, we've reached a point where you really need to add something to the bigger story. I think that's why Thor: TDW sucked so much, because it was invested in revisiting what we've established (Thor on Earth) rather than expanding on Asgard and the Nine Realms.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that TDW did establish the concept of the Infinity Stones in the context of the MCU. Before TDW the Tesseract was just an Asgardian relic, but after TDW it's one of the three Infinity Stones we've seen so far, along with the Aether from TDW and the Power stone from GOTG.

It's kinda like how Captain America was the weakest of the first phase movies, but it introduced the Tesseract, which was vital to the plot of The Avengers. The way things are tracking you've gotta think Avengers 3 will have Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Only question would be when the rest of the stones will show up I guess.

It's kinda like how Captain America was the weakest of the first phase movies

Surely The Incredible Hulk was worse?

Personally wouldn't know, haven't seen it >_>

I'm more talking about overall opinion, and I've actually heard OK things about The Incredible Hulk, so.