Football Manager 2013

Lineker

http://www.hotukdeal...-gaming-1305275

£22.50 from Greenman Gaming (using a discount code)

I would heavily assume that you get given a Steam key and you'll just download it from there. Anywhere cheaper than that?

I bought 12 through GMG and yeah, you do get a code.

Plus I have £5 credit there, so £17.50! w00t.gif

If you all wait till March, who am I going to tonk online?

Lineker?

Pfft!

Anyone you play - you big cheating tactic downloaderer. :shifty:

As if.

The only 'cheat' tactic at the moment is the 4-3-3, you could even win the league with Villa using it... :shifty:

My aren't you the little bitch. :P

• Like 1

Having watched the announcement I'm actually looking forward to this less than I was. The challenge mode is a good idea, but if they're taking out features from the other game mode than I can't see myself actually being that interested in it.

Unless there's actually 3 game modes, challenge, the streamlined mode they announced and a 'normal' mode.

Everything looks and sounds cool so far, doubt I'll use the challenge or classic mode much, just if I get bored and/or to try it out.

I hope they sort out that shit where I have to sit and watch the physio sort someone out for like ten fucking years, or waiting for someone to walk to the corner flag. I know I'm impatient, but I don't see the need for making us watch that.

I am in the naïve hope that they will revamp the tactics system. You can argue that the whole new/classic modes is totally different but it isn't dammit.

It's still putting 11 dots on predefined spots on a grid and giving them a certain set of orders.

I rather have it like in games likes PES/FIFA/Fifa Manager where you can freeform players on the pitch and have crazy shit like two AML's or whatnot. I want to be exact in the fact I want my winger to stick to the sideline or to play closer to the AMC.

I know you can add stuff like ''byline/cut inside/norma'', but if you ask me it is not encompassing enough. And the current engine is way too exploitable like you could see in FM12 where some blokes upload 53423 versions of their ''godly'' 433 tactic that makes you win the Premiera Division with Almeria in the first season.

SI, Y U NO GIEF MOAR FREEDOMZ?!

Hey you don't like FM, don't play it and play FIFA instead, no skin off SI's noise considering the amount of copies of FM sold worldwide (Y)

Hey I love FM as the next guy, but in it's core the tactic engine is essentially the same as what I played when I started playing at CM01/02.

I expect them to actually continue improving it every once in a while instead of slapping a new paintjob on it and calling it a 2012 BMW.

To continue your analogy, at the end of the day a car is a car, they just stick a more up-to-date engine in it, add some more features and put a new body work and paint job on it and sell it.

Its exactly what SI do, and they are damn good at it to be honest.

To continue your analogy, at the end of the day a car is a car, they just stick a more up-to-date engine in it, add some more features and put a new body work and paint job on it and sell it.

Its exactly what SI do, and they are damn good at it to be honest.

I would love to get some more features added to the tactic engine, but like I have said. They could easily toss in more flexible player placement and some more options when creating tactics, but aside from the new tactic system to replace the classic system, there isn't really anything different in the way you create tactics other than how you want to design it.

Classic and New System are essentially the same, but the new system is more user friendly where you can give roles and duties and Classic is designed for a lot more user input. But you can create the same tactic with both systems.

The only thing I really want is a feature that has been part of every other Football simulator of the past years. That is giving complete freedom on where you want to place instead of 20 something fixed positions.

I would like more than just forward and backward arrows, I want to be able to drag and drop exact arrows to where players need to run to so that I have a more direct experience when creating tactic.

FM is a great game I am not doubting anyone on that, but the tactic system could use a lot more refinement as it's arguably one of the most important features in the game and I just want more tactical freedom.