360 vs PS3

thewrestlingkid

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you believe is better overall?

• Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3

I like both. If I could afford both I'd have both. Probably even have a Wii too. They all have exclusives I want.

picture

That's actually me and SRN pictured there on the right.

To the left, with the disfigured face, you can see Ruki. Or might be Ellis. All the peasants look the same to me.

SRN I can understand, with his flowing Scandinavian locks and all, but you? Pull the other one, matey...

This is closer to Megadrive vs SNES reallywhich was just as hard to call.

Only way Sega even factors into the equation is if you happen to be deaf.

This. The sound quality of the Megadrive/Genesis was awful next to the SNES.

Overall, I really don't care which is better. Each side will accuse the other side's of being inferior, "We have this franchise, you don't!" etc, so it's largely pointless to even debate it.

tl;dr. GameStop Norro mode activated! If anything, the way I break it down for my customers at work is as follows:

XB360 is best for online multiplayer due to ease of use with Party Chat, better server support, invites, etc. PS3 does it just fine, but honestly having used both I tip the hat to Microsoft for the better system of the two.

PS3 is best for an all-around entertainment system. Though both are capable of wirelessly syncing with PCs & Macs, the PS3 is far more hassle-free, supports more file formats, and beyond that supports its fair share of wireless streaming services that the 360 both does and does not have. Then you've got Blu-Ray & DVD support, the ability to upgrade your hard drive space with any USB flash drive or external, and the fact that a PlayStation Plus membership actually gives you a tremendous amount of free merchandise and content as an incentive versus Live Gold on the 360 virtually only offering you online play... the PS3 has a lot going for it.

The PS3 simply can't keep up with the 360's online play, I'll give Microsoft that. No matter what Sony's tried, Microsoft just does it better. The only thing Sony has on them is theirs is free-to-play, but even that is in itself a detriment due to the fact that servers on the 360 are better maintained simply because people are paying for them.

In terms of exclusives, both have fantastic ones. Sony has Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, Killzone, Journey... just to name a few. Microsoft has Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Fable, Super Meat Boy... again, just to name a few. Both have a very long list of good exclusive titles and both equally share a list of cross-platform titles where one performs or appears better on it than its opposition (For example, when it comes to may top two series, I prefer Mass Effect on 360 and Assassin's Creed on PS3). There's no real weight tipping the scales, at least in my opinion.

Funnily enough, being an owner of all consoles and owning a rather large library for them, I actually lean more towards Nintendo overall. Even the Wii had a large number of great games for it (though I seem to be one of the few with this opinion), but the Wii U has expanded that with content not available for top games on other systems.

That said, were I to have to choose between PS3 and 360... urgh, it's a very hard decision. I'd lean PS3 for how often I use that v. 360 (usually I only play the 360 more when there's a specific game I like/want on it), but I'd damn sure miss Microsoft's online in comparison.

Voted PS3. I have both, so I think I'm fairly unbiased. The PS3 is a blu-ray player, on top of a good all around media center and game system. Factor in things on PS3 are free, like multiplayer, Netflix etc..and you need an XBL Gold membership for similar, I think PS3 wins out ..

Unless you factor in Bioware...Bioware can't seem to get their games running properly on PS3, as evidenced by the issues getting the Skyrim DLC working on the PS3. If I had to do over, I'd buy Skyrim for 360. Otherwise, I'd still pick PS3

Voted PS3. I have both, so I think I'm fairly unbiased. The PS3 is a blu-ray player, on top of a good all around media center and game system. Factor in things on PS3 are free, like multiplayer, Netflix etc..and you need an XBL Gold membership for similar, I think PS3 wins out ..

Unless you factor in Bioware...Bioware can't seem to get their games running properly on PS3, as evidenced by the issues getting the Skyrim DLC working on the PS3. If I had to do over, I'd buy Skyrim for 360. Otherwise, I'd still pick PS3

I assume you meant Bethesda there. The PS3 has been known to struggle with a few multiplatform titles, but Bethesda's offerings have been among the guiltiest parties in that regard.

I assume you meant Bethesda there. The PS3 has been known to struggle with a few multiplatform titles, but Bethesda's offerings have been among the guiltiest parties in that regard.

As I typed it, I thought Bioware didn't sound right, but couldn't be bothered to walk over and see what was right. Yes, I meant Bethesda

I was a PS3 guy for the last few years, but after I was given a 360 I've found myself playing it instead because all of my friends have it. I'll probably be selling my PS3 in the very near future due to the fact that with most games being on both, I really don't need to have two systems and it's so much more fun playing online with people you know instead of randoms.

Having said that though, if it was a level playing field when it came to playing with friends online I think the PS3 is the much better machine so it gets my vote.

The 360 for me purely because its more fun to play online. And to be honest I since I've moved in with my missus I haven't played it because we haven't got internet yet and I miss Ellis taking the piss out of Dan :<

I've never seen any difference for my own personal use. I'm sure there's features that others might use, to justify paying for the service, something I could never do when it's free on PS3.

Another thing I hated about XBox Live was the points method of purchasing stuff. If I want to buy a game, let me pay the monetary value rather than forcing me to buy your own virtual currency first.

That's kind of a bizarre complaint given that even with Sony, you still add money to your wallet to purchase games, and that money's only good for purchasing PS3 games/add-ons/etc. It's no different than buying Microsoft Points, really. Though if I remember right maybe you can just pay with your debit card instead of adding funds to your Sony Wallet. I've never gotten that to work properly though.

I didn't realize Super Meat Boy is a Microsoft exclusive. I could swear that a few years back I played it on a friend's PS3; I vividly remember playing Super Meat Boy at a party, and she only had a PS3 at the time. Weird. Then again, I was drunk..

Own both, love both.

Xbox is King.

Online community is better. Party chat is fantastic. Tried to play KZ3 back when it was newly out with a bunch of friends & getting people together & ready is such a hassle. On the Xbox it's easy as pie.

Sure, paying for Live can be seen as a hassle, but it's rarely ever the full 40 quid, and you get a better service for the cash.

I've had like 3 quid on my Sony account for year because of the minimum spend stuff. Sure the same thing happens on the Xbox and you end up spending your last 80 points on a hat or something but I don't mind the format. Mainly caus it's easy to buy them cheaper elsewhere so you get more for your money.