The New Kit Thread

The release video for the above kit is the usual kind of twaddle (that is going to severely disappoint anyone who visits the real London) - but I give it a pass entirely for the appearance of a wild Gunnersaurus at 01:10.

• Haha 1

At least the players will wear the logo too. Despite sponsors being banned for international teams, our wonderful FA only sell our jerseys with a massive 3 plastered on it for some reason. The same with Eircom and Opel before it.

You haven't been able to buy a proper Ireland jersey since the 80s. I had to buy a player issue one on a resale site to get a normal jersey. 

I also don't mind the sponsor but don't really like the black detailing. White, white and red, or even yellow/gold would fell more fitting. It very much looks like a training kit.

MERGE: Or is it navy? I'd still prefer it to be white. I have also seen fan-made concept kits using "Three." and "SAMSUNG", both of which look better than the real version.

I love Hummel kits and that's a great one. Hate this trend of really high up sponsors though, I don't get it. Surely it's better to be massively stretched over a fat football fans gut.

It's been a trend. I loved this away kit from 02 but thought it was strange NTL went for small and high rather than big and colourful for the home.

I remember it mainly because we beat Juve at SJP wearing it, while they strangely wore their black and white stripes.

Newcastle Utd Football Shirt Archive 

I want them to bring Quicksilver back to the MCU just for that Hummel tracksuit he had.

Anyway, this is lovely. I do wish Barca shirts were still sponsor free though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 03/07/2020 at 13:21, Adam said:

Yep, really like that Everton kit. Glad the betting company are gone off the shirt too.

It's a nice kit, just like the simplicity of it more than anything. 

Plus I like the little arms coming of the A in the sponsor. Fitting tribute to Pickford 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chelsea doing their utmost to make their new home kit more appealing by now releasing their new away kit that, from a distance, looks like a Man City shirt covered in lint.

We now, of course, await official confirmation of the 3rd kit Crystal-Palace-in-disguise coup de grace.

I just noticed the sleeve sponsor is massive as well. I remember Chelsea had a similar one that was much lighter, closer to white even, back in the early Abramovich era. That was a pretty nice one I think!

On 03/07/2020 at 10:55, TCO said:

It's been a trend. I loved this away kit from 02 but thought it was strange NTL went for small and high rather than big and colourful for the home.

I remember it mainly because we beat Juve at SJP wearing it, while they strangely wore their black and white stripes.

Newcastle Utd Football Shirt Archive 

It is a bit odd looking back through the history of Newcastle away kits and seeing how many black and/or white ones there are. You'd think sticking with any of the kits from before 1999, except maybe the mid-80s grey ones, would make the most sense.

23 hours ago, Colly said:

I want them to bring Quicksilver back to the MCU just for that Hummel tracksuit he had.

Anyway, this is lovely. I do wish Barca shirts were still sponsor free though.

That is a beautiful shirt. So simple and yet aethetical pleasing, not even the sponsorship ruins it.

It presume it must be a common thing for most teams with betting companies as sponsors, but Norwich and Ipswich have both used different sponsors for the kids shirts in the last few years, which have consistently looked a lot better than their main ones. Especially so in Ipswich's relegation season, when their Magical Vegas sponsorship was in full colour rather than white to match their colour scheme.

5 minutes ago, Naitch said:

It is a bit odd looking back through the history of Newcastle away kits and seeing how many black and/or white ones there are. You'd think sticking with any of the kits from before 1999, except maybe the mid-80s grey ones, would make the most sense.

That's been a bit of a weird trend for a while alright. We had an all black with gold a few years ago which looked great but was essentially useless as an away kit because the socks and shorts were the same as the home. Think that was a Puma theme for 3rd kits though as Leicester's one was identical.

I still desperately want a retread of the 09/10 Championship double banana now. That was a proper away kit, bright and with over the top colours!

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

"Inspired by a classic tailored aesthetic but filtered through a modern street lens and colour palette. "

Youwhat. 

2 hours ago, TCO said:

I still desperately want a retread of the 09/10 Championship double banana now. That was a proper away kit, bright and with over the top colours!

I went ridiculously whole hog with that, Kevin Nolan on the back and Championship patches on the sleeves. Had to.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Youwhat. 

Look, last season they were inspired by the girders in the stadium roof. It's still baby steps... Sanity is a good way off yet.

Also I'm pretty sure "filtered through a modern street lens and colour palette" is designer speak for "and we just did whatever we felt like".