The New Kit Thread

Wasn't Liverpool in both last year ?

reading-10-11-puma-home-kit-a.jpg

you finally get a sponsor and bleh:

west-brom-albion-10-11-umbro-home-kit.jpg

That sponsor looks fucking bollocks on our shirt. I could squat down and shit a better sponsor out than that. Seirously, HomeServe with a big mammoth red house in the middle of a Blue and White (and all black for the away) shirt? Oh gosh, I think the shirt sponsor in the 80's with the no smoking caution sign topped this.

I'm impartial (though pull for WB being the underdogs and all) ... but I've always loved your home strips because that color of blue is fantastic. But yeah, that shits the bed. I guess if I do decide to get one, I'll be looking for the last couple of years.

west-brom-albion-10-11-umbro-away-kit-a.jpg

Yeah, it's not good.

What do you pay for a german kit in England? I think over here they are extremly overpriced at 70€ (it´s just a pice of plastic, i get the "brand" part i just barly ever feel the need to buy one, let alone one from a team i do not suport 24/7)

It was between £40-£45 if I remember rightly which is less than €55 in today's rate, though the sterling was in a much worse position back then so it was a bargain, considering we generally get charged €60 at least for shirts over here. I wanted to get 'Özil 11' on the back too, but they couldn't do it for me. :(

Kits over here have got vastly cheaper in the last 5-10 years, I can remember growing up with Premier League shirts being 40-45 quid on release and not really dropping, hence me only ever getting 1 shirt a season at very most (admittedly prior to working). These days (and I dread to say it) thanks to Mike Ashley and his cheapo shops you can get them for £30 on release day, dropping by Christmas to much less, meaning I generally get two Newcastle ones and whatever token foreign shirts are on cheap.

Weirdly though, despite being owned by the same fella, the club shop is selling the newies at £45, whereas Sports Direct (5 mins walk from SJP) is selling them all at £35, no doubt with some deal on names and numbers, you'd have to be a fool to go to the club shop unless you're still 'boycoutting' Sports Direct.

I'm impartial (though pull for WB being the underdogs and all) ... but I've always loved your home strips because that color of blue is fantastic. But yeah, that shits the bed. I guess if I do decide to get one, I'll be looking for the last couple of years.

west-brom-albion-10-11-umbro-away-kit-a.jpg

Yeah, it's not good.

I always love our kits - our last home kit was sensational with the navy blue on the back and silver lettering and numbers, and our last two away kits with the yellow shirt and navy blue shorts and red shirt with almost black shorts have been great. And these would be great too, if it wasn't for that sponsor. It's just a bit of a let down. We all thought we were getting Ladbrokes, but if you go by the rumours, Ladbrokes backed out because they felt that if they signed up then they would only be able to offer odds on Albion winning, even against massive games like Man Utd and Chelsea, and not even offer odds for any team beating them. It's ridiculous, because I don't think our club would do that.

Basically, if you're in the group stage, you're in the Champions League.

Before the group stage you get the qualification, and I'm 99% sure if you don't qualify, you're out of Europe, where as if you finish 3rd in the group stage, then you get knocked down to the Europa League.

So even though they're two seperate competitions, they go together ?

If you aren't good enough to qualify for CL through your domestic league you go into Europa ... but then if you can't get through the CL qualifying you're done. If you auto qualified but don't advance, you get a second shot in Europa ?

:huh:

If this was mentioned afterward in this discussion, forgive me but if you lose your third round Champions League Qualifier (the last round before the competition proper starts) you get into the Europa League.If you get to the last qualifying round for the CL, you're guaranteed a place in at least the Europa League. At least you used to be.

The Daily Mail have now 'revealed' the new Chelsea away kit...which I think is the same as the one I posted yesterday. It's a better-looking picture, at any rate.

(Edit: This has since been confirmed by the Chelsea website)

article-0-0A71812E000005DC-828_306x379_popup.jpg

I'm not sure about the fading stripes. I think it might have looked better if they were like they are at the bottom all the way up.

Of course, since our away kit is black, we'll need a third kit that's a lighter colour (ala white or yellow in the past).

...The rumour is that it's green. :shifty:

Dynamite, it's fucking gorgeous. Arrived yesterday. It's probably because I prefer the white on the top to black. I think it's our best shirt in about 10 years. It also has 'BELIEVE' printed on the inside of the shirt where the badge is. (H)