The New Kit Thread

Anyone want to rename this 2011/12 kits thread, should start previewing in April I'd have thought, with token last game of the season wears for the Adidas crew? Anyway, France:

france-1112-home-nike-1.jpg

france-1112-away-nike-1.jpg

Quite like the home, though marginally too lumpy for something that tight fitting. I'm not massively fat, but I'm not exactly Anelka.

Away shirt (massive xenophobic stereotype/fun loving 'Allo 'allo reference incoming) could do with a string of printed on onions, and requires a 'walkout beret'.

Edited by Colly

Liking the Mexico kits.

Are Spurs staying with Puma this year before the Under Armour deal in 2012/13 or are we going with someone else for a season?

Personally I've been quite happy with Puma so would like another year with them. Great kit this season...

• Admin

Liking the Mexico kits.

Are Spurs staying with Puma this year before the Under Armour deal in 2012/13 or are we going with someone else for a season?

Personally I've been quite happy with Puma so would like another year with them. Great kit this season...

Yep next year is the final year with Puma and then we change over to Under Armour for 2012/13.

That Liverpool away kit is nice even if it is fake. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is a yellow away kit as we haven't had one for awhile and we tend to go in a cycle involving white/black/grey/yellow.

Chelsea's next home kit is rumoured to be basically the new Mexico kits (would seem typical for Adidas to C&P designs), but with some kind of subtle blue/darker blue hoop motif.

Don't know if it's true, or if the hoops would actually contrast enough to be distinguished from further than 3 feet away, but seems interesting.

Oh, and the next away kit is rumoured to be some more patterned bollocks, this time with some manner of checks/cross-hatching rather than the fading chevron stripes we got this year.

BRING BACK (non-fluorescant) YELLOW!

Like the US one, and very pleased that they've put reflectors on the Brazil shirts in case they're cycling at night. Theres something very 90's about the Sunderland one but I quite like it, and thats coming from a Toon fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

chelsea-11-12-adidas-home-kit-a.jpg

Chelsea home

The shirt takes inspiration from Chelsea's heritage with design features originating from past kits used in the early 80s and reflects this with the shadow striped design on the front panel.

A white colour block has also been added to the sleeves and shorts, resulting in adidas' iconic three stripes appearing in blue for the first time on a Chelsea strip and creating a distinctive and striking design.

Striking indeed. I quite like it.