The New Kit Thread

why do Ireland do that? they used to have Opel too I think.

They do it because the FAI are greedy bastards who get more sponsorship money this way. I understand in a way but it really annoys me. because I love th enational team but will never wear a jersey that in essence is an expensive training top. FIFA rules dictate that sponsors cannot be worn in international games, yet the FAI are allowed to sell "replica" shirts with a corporate logo. Surely there's a consumer or FIFA law that outlaws that?

It wouldn't bother me so much if they were subsidised as a result, but they're actually the same price or in some cases more expensive. The current home and away kits are for sale for €60 on FAIshop.com, you can easily get new Premier League shirts for €50 in the shops. I actually emailed the FAI and Umbro about buying one without the logo and they said "unfortunately Umbro is not licensed to produce the shirts without the 3 logo". It's a real shame, I hope on of those cheap sites that make really good fakes produce an Irish one eventually, they'll make a killing.

That's actually my favorite Newcastle shirt. But yeah, when I saw it I thought of it immediately. I think the Stoke kit would have been a bit better without the funky collar and if Adidas would have kept a pinstripe between the solid color at the top of the chest, and the strips.