FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Dunno if it's just for the One or for all platforms, but FIFA 14 is giving everyone 2 all rare UT gold packs as an apology for their transfer market search bugs. You can't sell the items in these packs though.

Friend of mine got Yaya Toure and Dante, and I bagged an IF Rojo from this weeks TOTW. Not bad at all.

I've got em too on 360. I'd been thinking the auction house had been really buggy recently, pretty sure I lost at least 2 players when I attempted to buy them. Granted I was only spending like 150-300 coins on them but still.

Pato, Giggs, Saldado, Gomis, Bender, Tiote, Kagawa.

Had already bought Saldado during those previous free picks as he was a good, cheap choice for a ST to go with the Prem players I got. Still, some other decent BPL players amongst that lot that I could use.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the weirdest thing playing online. Conceded a free kick on the edge of the box, prepped a man to charge from the wall at the same time as he went to change player, and my player charged early and started sliding and lunging for the ball, knocking it all over the pitch and chasing it, his players unable to do anything, an I have no control at all.

Went on for 30 minutes before he lost the battle of wills and quit. Was 3-1 down so avoided a loss too!

• 1 month later...
FUT World Cup has now been officially announced to the masses, but besides being free and shiny what's actually changing?
Here's a full rundown of every new feature we know about so far:

FUT World Cup is a free update to FIFA 14 coming May 29th
FUT World Cup will be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC
The standalone FIFA World Cup 2014 game is not required to play FUT World Cup
All players will receive a Starter Pack to kickstart FUT World Cup
You can build squads made up of players from all 32 nations attending this summers tournament
FUT World Cup features all 32 National Team crests and National Team kits
FUT World Cup will feature the official adidas Brazuca match ball, and the Estadio do Maracana
FUT World Cup features a brand new look and feel to the games presentation
Player Packs can be purchased from the FUT World Cup store
FUT World Cup Players are untradable
Every FUT World Cup Pack includes a free Gold Pack available for use in the traditional FUT mode
Online and Single Player tournament modes will be available
Players can compete through the group stages and knockout phases in order to win the FIFA World Cup
By winning matches, players will earn in-game coins (like normal FUT)
A new chemistry system links players by their Nationality and Governing Confederation
FUT 14 coins and FIFA Points can be used in FUT World Cup
In FUT World Cup you manage a single squad, you cannot have multiple squads
Club players from the main FUT 14 mode will not be available in FUT World Cup
Players from FUT World Cup will not be available in the main FUT 14 mode
Some players in FUT World Cup will feature different ratings than FUT 14
World Cup based Man of the Match items will exist in FUT 14, any stat boosts will also apply in FUT World Cup
Play-a-Friend mode is not available in FUT World Cup
FUT World Cup can only be accessed from your retail copy of FIFA 14, not via the web or mobile app.

Sounds good to me, with the World Cup game not being next gen I'm ready for some FIFA to along with the WC experience.

I don't have coins ATM since I spunked all of em on ToTS packs. Could make some back from selling the Enyeama and Vidal TotS I got, just annoyed they've plummeted in value. Was meaning to sell em but I didn't get on the game itself and the web app never let me list em, always said it was down for maintenance. :/

If you get Messi in a pack and have the England kit on, then I guess he would be.

That's what I mean.

I've seen a screenshot of a mix of England and Germany players, but with 100% chem as they're all from Europe. Marco Reus in an England shirt, or Rooney in a Germany one!

Played one warm up game, Holland v Australia. Won 2-1 with a 90th min RVP pen. Also unlocked the legendary performance trophy which was nice. It should have come before, but apparently some trophies don't work when there's two of you playing on one team. :/

Now to play through all the World Cup matches in order, flipping a coin to see which team I play as. First up, Brazil v Croatia!