FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

One of my main gripes with FIFA is always how the ball is a magnet to players - it doesn't seem free enough, so to speak. If it hits the post/bar, or as you say, the GK palms it away, it ends up at a players feet 99% of the time. Really annoying.

• Like 1

That's supposed to be fixed with the new engine that the next-gen consoles boast - and as little experience as I have, it doesn't seem to have the same thing that it was when I watched my friends play previous versions aka. the ball is always with one side.

That's supposed to be fixed with the new engine that the next-gen consoles boast - and as little experience as I have, it doesn't seem to have the same thing that it was when I watched my friends play previous versions aka. the ball is always with one side.

I'm on X1 and I've played a couple of hundred online games and it still exists, maybe toned down slightly but 3 rebound goals (2 of them where exactly the same goal) is just silly.

Also I forgive van Persie, he scored a wonderful bicycle kick for me :D

I'd have liked some more options towards chemistry too. Maybe players who are in the same group or something could get a small boost.

Edited by Dan

3-0 down in the World Cup final. Header from Affellay makes it 3-1. Affellay tap in from a Candreva shot off the post makes it 3-2. Torres diving header makes it 3-3. Candreva hits the post again, but this time it goes in for 4-3. Affellay completes his hat-trick as my German opponent seems to give up and only do sliding tackles for 5-3. World Cup Winners.

I literally screamed with joy for goals 3, 4 and 5. It's only a video game though...

So I sold off my entire UT squad to fund packs for the World Cup mode. I now have around 300 players in my catalogue.

I had loads of duplicates, typically, and the best players I have to show for it, FIFA wise, are Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott. :/

Modric and Cavani are rated higher and are there too, but nothing special in game.

FIFA 15 is out on September 25th in Europe, a Thursday, which would indicate a Wednesday midnight release date. Different.

Unless of course it comes out at midnight on the 25th, so basically the Friday. Doesn't seem too clear at the moment, mainly because I don't remember FIFA dropping on a Wednesday night before.

Edit: This has since changed and is the 26th, which is in line with the usual release day.

I was just reading up on FIFA 15 and noticed this...

Set piece control - Now for the very first time, gamers will be able to position their players anywhere they want when taking a set piece like a free-kick, corner or throw-in and gain that extra yard needed to make the difference and create the space to score. This is a total game changer and a lot of matches could totally depend on who decides to take advantage of this cool new feature and use it against their opponent.

It's been in PES for a few years now, and works brilliantly. If this works even half as well in FIFA 15, it'll be a great addition.

Yay for players moving actually around on corners.

You could already for corners, no? That's why you come up against those people on clubs who change corner takers about 5 times and then on the 6th attempt they have about 7 guys on the near post looking to get on the end of the imminent ground cross.

I remember that off the ball thing, it was awful. You impossible to concentrate on two different things at once.

This corner thing just screams of something that will be exploited online once people find out how.