FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Started the FUT World cup thing, got the great Shola Ameobi!

Managed to get a duplicate Khedira afte only 3 packs though. :/ Notable people I've got are: Cavani, Benzema, Khedira, Balotelli, Kaka, Mavuba, Kranjcar, Defour, Diaby, Neuer, Reina and Forster.

I don't think I'll have time to invest much into the mode.

It would have been far better if you choose a nation, then the packs you buy have players from that nation only. Obviously, the player pool would need to be of similar size to the regular UT to work. Having a bunch of Iran and Algeria players representing Argentina is just silly, and it's quite ironic really when EA have said that they're keeping the mode as "realistic and authentic" as possible. Not really.

Played one warm up game, Holland v Australia. Won 2-1 with a 90th min RVP pen. Also unlocked the legendary performance trophy which was nice. It should have come before, but apparently some trophies don't work when there's two of you playing on one team. :/

Now to play through all the World Cup matches in order, flipping a coin to see which team I play as. First up, Brazil v Croatia!

Not that I've done something like this before (:shifty:) but if you can still do it the option of playing one half as each team is always there.

I went with Bosnia instead!

Did you guys get free packs? It is telling me I have some, but when I go into retrive them they disappear. >_>

Drew my first game 0-0, and got a free player pack thingy. Buffon was a welcomed surprise!

I also got Hazard, Johnson, Giroud and Kingston (>_>) in my initial side.

I went a bit nuts and spent all 110,000 of my FUT coins on packs, got no use for them in normal FUT now anyway.

My team (Italy, because FORZA ITALIA) is:

Thibaut Courtois (Original Pack)

Glen Johnson

Leighton Baines

Giorgio Chiellini

Benedikt Howedes

Miralem Pjanic

Thomas Muller

Antonio Candreva

Alessio Cerci

Fernando Torres

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Biggest problem? There's no punishment for quitting. I've played five, won four and lost one, and all four of my wins haven't reached 45 minutes.

I spend 50,000 coins on the World Cup mode last night. Got some good players (RvP, Suarez, Costa, Neur and Kompany).

Managed to get myself into the quarter finals. W2 L1 in the group and won my last 16 game 3-2 with 2 late goals.

Edited by Dan

Just played my QF game against a guy with a stacked team. He was pretty shit but Ronaldo bailed him out a couple of times.

Managed to get the win on penalties so I'm into the semi final now.

So this isn't so bad - it's about the easiest of the "sports video games of sports that I don't really watch" things that I have tried to get into. At least I don't have to rotate my right stick five different ways while holding down two different buttons to do stuff. :shifty:

• Like 1

Lost in the final 5-4 AET.

van Persie is fucking useless on this game, he gets outpaced by Metersacker and pushed off the ball by Alba. I'm not sure what he's good for.

God pretty angry at that game. 3 of his goals where rebounds that my keeper palmed straight to his forwards. So frustrating.

Edited by Dan