**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I've been trying to hunt down casting news, but I can't seem to find anything. When does this stuff usually get announced?

And is what you're thinking of

Lady Stoneheart?

because if it is, the internet is gonna flip.

This thread is marked for spoilers, and is clearly about the books, but no, that's not really what I was thinking of, although I imagine we might get that at the very, very end.

I was thinking more of the Elvis-esque death we should receive in the next episode, and the escape. I imagine it'll be a shock to people who haven't read the books, though in a happy way.

Spoilers, folks.

Don't read unless yr upto date with the books.

So. Fuck.

No LSH, that's fine. Can deal with that.

No Tysha reveal as not a whore.. no Tyrion telling Jamie about Cersei's lovers ("and moonboy, for all I know"). With that in mind, Tyrion had no reason to go see Tywin. Stupid. Also wondering how Jamie finds all this out now. Lancel change of heart when religion takes over him?

Brienne fighting the Hound was just fucking dumb. All over dumb, tbh. Makes me hate Brienne is all. Blergh.

As for the Children and Bloodraven. Wtf man. The Children were exactly that, just some kids. Who can throw fire? Dumb. Bloodraven.. two eyes. Doesn't look one with the Weirwoods at all..

Jojen is dying is weird.. dumb too.

Sigh.

Spoilers for this week's episode.

Yeah, I think this is the first time I was majorly disappointed with an episode of theirs. I mean, the killing Tywin on the shitpot is one of my favorite scenes in the books, and they completely whuffed it.

I honestly have no idea why Brienne and the Hound had to fight each other at all. For one, it completely destroys any illusion that Westeros is a big fucking place, because, by chance now, Arya met two people of significance. Especially considering they spent a good deal of this season showing just how large the world can be. Sure, ASOIAF does this a little too often for my liking already, but the fact that they're adding unnecessary stuff like this, because it'd look cool or something, is tosh. And secondly, they made Brienne draw her sword first? What the hell? That totally made her seem like she initiated the combat.

No mention of the Viper, no Sansa & Baelish for two episodes now, no mention of Janos chickening out, no mention of whether Thorne is dead or alive.

And I totally agree with Summ, WTF was up with the brohug between Jaime and Tyrion? Fuck that, that's just so that fans of the show can have that "aww" sentiment in this episode. I think they crapped on the scene with Shae as well.

And now Cersei and Jaime are fucking again? Isn't Jaime supposed to reject her? Shouldn't he be slightly more pissed that she sent his brother to be condemned to death?

I guess Arya's time in Braavos, especially with the Many-Faced God people and Tyrion's time with the Golden Company will be cool. Besides that, they didn't show anything that made me go "shit, I can't wait for April 2015." I know I'll Cersei's and Jaime's upcoming arc, but once again, the stuff at King's Landing are going to come at the expense of everywhere else, the Wall especially. No one is going to give a shit about the upcoming election, because I'm pretty sure that non-readers only know two names of the Night's Watch and the two old bad guys. And the old blind guy. There is such an imbalance of character development that in the end it's going to be minimizing as much other stuff as possible to make way for King Landing's stuff. And they're already chopping a lot of King's Landing stuff already, or at least changing it. I was totally waiting for the Tysha reveal, and they fucking hugged? Then suddenly Tyrion is sticking his head through a hole in the floor like he's in the fucking Goonies or something.

I will say, though, I thought they dealt with the Dany stuff excellently this week. It's still slow as hell compared to everywhere else, but her inability to rule plus the fact that she freed everyone only to lock up what are essentially her children was pretty damn good. Might be my favorite non-Oberyn, non-Tyrion, non-Arya scene of the season.

Edited by Benkid

If I hadn't read the books, I'd be confused as shit right now. Who's the fireball kid? Who's the old dude in the tree? They keep mentioning the three-eyed raven but have they ever mentioned the Children of the Forest. They were always going to be human looking anyway otherwise you get into a whole load of CGI that probably going to look shit.

I wouldn't say Tyrion had no reason to go see Tywin, he did sentence him to death after all.

Brienne and the Hound were both heading to the same place for the same reason, so it's not massively unlikely that they'd run into each other. Brienne and Pod seemingly didn't make much effort at looking for Arya though.

• Like 1

I really didn't have any problems with this episode. Some of the characters motivations got forgotten, but it's not really a big deal. The show's no worse for it. I think that's what really bugs me about all this outrage, it really didn't hurt the show at all. People seem to have gotten themselves psyched for certain things they had no guarantee were going to happen.

As for LSH, I was bummed at the very end, but it makes sense if you think about it. The blew their load with the White Walkers in like Season 1 and 2... when they still haven't done shit in the latest books. When you mention them to show watches, the general reaction (and rightfully so) is - oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. Where the fuck have they been?

Why show her at the end of the episode, when she probably won't show up until Brienne meets her again... probably at the end of Season 5. Introduce her now, you're expecting people to remember her showing up for a minute or so, after a year and like 9 episodes. Why not save the big reveal until the episode where she actually does something?

Honestly, even if I was pissed, I'd forgive all of it for that fucking Hound Vs. Brienne fight. Holy shit, that might be one of the best fights yet.

• Like 1

Stupid fight. Brienne intended to kidnap Arya. Dumb as hell. She was the aggressor against The Hound.

Tyrion and Jamie's entire motivation is being fucked with. Again.

People getting psyched for not guaranteed things like LSH is one thing (personally not fussed at her not being around yet).. but completely rewriting Tyrion/Jamie/Tywin interaction is poor. It takes a hell of a lot away from the two Lannister brothers.

And as Gazz said - the handling of the North is poor.

I'm so happy that I didn't read the books before I watched the show. Because If I did I'd probably obsess about alll the thing they've changed like I tend to do when I read the books before the adaptation. I probably couldn't enjoy the series at all. .

To be fair, The North doesn't get interesting until Manderly (sp?) goes all 'The North doesn't forget'.

I wonder if we're going to get the Battle of Deepwood Motte. It's pretty important for Asha/Yara, so she can be captured by Stannis...

I agree with this point. Jon Snow is one of my more favorite characters in the book but I don't know how interesting (at least from a TV perspective) the Wall stuff would translate to this point.

In fact, I wished they would have split up the episode they spent solely on the Wall and sprinkled in most of the story ties that we saw this week. This way, they would have been able to spend more time on the King Landing stuff... which I am disappointed at the level they under developed. However since they gave the Wall an entire episode, I would imagine that is a foreshadowing that next season (and onward) the Wall will be more predominantly featured.

I think they've spent a great amount of time at the capital. I get that it's the most interesting part of the series, but I feel that they've actually spent so much time there that everywhere else (barring Arya and the Hound and whatever Littlefinger does) is becoming so boring to people who watch the show. It's why people are disliking the Dany storyline, when it's actually one of the most interesting, and no one cared what happened at the Wall so long as the fat one didn't die. Sucks, but all fans of the show are really starting to care about is King's Landing.