(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

You mean a system that's not stocked with the top end talent

Yes, that is what I am talking about. He needs to NOT be in that system. Take your straw OUT of the Burke kool-aid, the cupboard is all but bare. It is as bad as my Colorado's prospects - except you guys DON'T have Duchene/Landeskog/MacKinnon on your pro team. You've got One guy. One. And kind of TJ Brodie, who I like. (And before you say it, no, I do not rate Sven Baertschi.)

Before this season, I would have agreed completely. But what I'm looking at is a system full of guys who work harder than their opponents. Systems and talent (to a degree) can be taught. Hockey sense and work ethic are harder to teach after you reach adulthood.

So while I'm not praising the second coming of Jesus Gretzky in any of the young guys in the Flames system, I am extremely confident that they are doing all of the right things with what they have.

I've always been a fan of having hard workers over talented bums. The Flames in recent years had more talent on the team, but it didn't translate into success. Drop the guys who aren't working as hard as they should be, and despite the fact that we've been picked to finish last by almost every analyst, the Calgary Flames have been an extremely tough team to play in every game, and they've been more successful than the more talented versions of the team over the last few years.

Hard work pays off, and they're working hard.

I don't think Calgary makes the playoffs, but they are doing better then expectations. Until they get a real goaltender and a few more top tier players, the best thing you can hope for is a team that works hard.

If Monahan is getting good minutes and is competitive, then it won't hurt him to stay.

Solid trade. I do like Matt Moulson, but I don't think it's a coincidence that he turns into this 30-goal scorer that nobody saw coming juuuust as John Tavares shows up in Long Island. It's also worth noting that Moulson's a UFA this year, in line for a BIG raise, and Charles Wang is notoriously stingy when it comes to the Islanders.

Moulson's a great complimentary player with this knack of getting up to the level of his linemates. I just don't know who he compliments in Buffalo, mean as that sounds. He seems like a way better fit to play with Vanek rather than be traded for Vanek.

Sabres are a disaster. I really wonder what the offers for Ryan Miller are looking like.

Moulson's a great complimentary player with this knack of getting up to the level of his linemates. I just don't know who he compliments in Buffalo, mean as that sounds. He seems like a way better fit to play with Vanek rather than be traded for Vanek.

Sabres are a disaster. I really wonder what the offers for Ryan Miller are looking like.

Did you see this Grantland article from Down Goes Brown? If that's any indicator, the Sabres aren't getting much for Miller until they can convince Paul Holmgren it'll save his job.

Something else on Moulson, from Twitter: "In 330 minutes apart from Tavares, Moulson has a 40.7% Corsi% over last three years." A player's Corsi% percentage is simply the percentage of Corsi events (shots on goal, missed shots and blocked shots) that his team has while he's on the ice - I would imagine that 50% indicates the two teams were level and if that's the case, 40.7% is pretty poor.