(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

So right after I call out the Flames on continuing to play MacDonald despite the fact that he wasn't particularly great in his first two games, he goes out there and dazzles against the Canadiens to keep us undefeated in regulation.

I'm just going to stop questioning Bob Hartley's decisions now. He said he had a gut feeling that Mac was the guy for last night, and he was right.

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

Let's just hope Joe Thornton doesn't get any hat tricks any time soon.

Rangers never had a problem with it, that i've noticed.

Fans loved it, unless you're a Rangers fan probably and even if so, as has been pointed out, the fact that your team has posted two consecutive absolute shellackings against is more of an embarrassment than the Hertl goal.

Strikes me that the only people disrespecting the games are the ones who try and remove all passages of individual skill from it.

Tough loss for the Pens, they just didn't seem to get it going, and Florida played really well, especially their goalie. Zatkoff was alright in goal, most of the goals allowed weren't really his fault, but he did look shaky. Lets see what happens tonight against Tampa with Fleury in net.

Edited by Baby Hewey

How is Calgary not losing?

Hard work is the biggest thing that the Flames have going for them right now. But on top of that, I've been saying for years that the team wasn't as bad as they appeared to be, and that the issue with the Flames was a certain amount of key guys who didn't display the fire to perform and lack of effort.

Gone are most of the no-look blind passes to the opposing team.

Gone are most of the soft plays along the boards because guys don't want to get hurt.

This is a team that has bought in to coach Bob Hartley's system, and this is a team that is playing for each other.

Lance Bouma went out and blocked a lot of shots in one shift in the third period last night, and when he got back to the bench, Sean Monahan grabbed him and let him know how awesome he did. That never would have happened last year. A coach would have let him know, but it's different when it is your teammates supporting you.

That was a fantastic, back and forth game. It's awesome to see both JVR and Lupul starting the season strong, and Kadri also played well.

Both Dubnyk and Bernier made mistakes. I'm sure we will see Reimer on Tuesday.