(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Pittsburgh was playing like crap, now they're starting to get it together, but that was a total BS call on that no goal, it should be 4-3 right now.

Actually, no, that was the right call. It was knocked in with his stick above the crossbar, that is a no-goal in every single instance.

Woohooo Pens! I need to get my Sid picture back on the wall at my new apartment. I thought they were done when Fleury got pulled but thankfully they were able to get back into the game. I really hate that Bennett and Martin are out though.

Martin is such a huge loss for Pittsburgh. Glad that Despres had a good game, because Letang was just terrible for most of the game. We definitely need Martin back as well as Scuderi.

I think I am getting passed the 'angry/depressed' feeling of the Leafs season. Now entering the apathetic portion. Then, sometime in January/February/March, they will start winning again and making a playoff push. Being a Leafs fan is hard :(

Neal's blatant knee to the head of Marchand is about as stomach-turning. Two teams just out of control. I was totally disgusted too by Boston's idiot announcers saying Orpik wouldn't have been stretchered if he "manned up" and accepted a fight with Thornton when it was offered.

The stupid thing is that it's a clean hit on Eriksson which precipitates the whole deal. Orpik lined him up and Eriksson left himself really badly exposed.

• Like 1

If I were Shanahan, both Neal and Thornton are gone for the rest of the season. Minimum.

Neal didn't even react when he skated into Marchand. To me, that signals intent.

As for Thornton, crap like that has got to stop. I don't care if you're defending your teammate. Never attack a guy from behind. Ever.

I know that most fines in the NHL are complete jokes. But -- just throwing this out there -- what if teams were fined both in real money and salary cap space? Say $2m less for next season or something. Don't know how effective a deterrent it would be, but it'd do more than a $25k player or coach fine would do.

I think that we should contract the NHL and let the Bruins and the Penguins play out the rest of the year as ECHL teams.