Kirkland's Halloween activities!

=BK=

In a completely separate thing from Ellis' thing this is a list of things I'm going to be watching/playing in the lead up to Halloween. Feel free to suggest things and give opinions on what's listed. Some are fun, some are scary.

Movies

Apollo 18

Grave Encounters

Grave Encounters 2

V/H/S

V/H/S 2

Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of the Living Dead

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

The Last Man on Earth

Video Games

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Zombies Ate my Neighbors

Audio

Ghost to Ghost AM or whatever Art will call it now.

Various things uploaded by the Creepypasta Narration community.

Old Art Bell Coast to Coast AM episodes

Internet

Marathoning Marble Hornets

Marathoning My Dad's Tapes

Ohhhhhhhh Marble Hornets. One day I want to start over and try to get to the end -- it seems like they've added about 40 entries since I last watched. I'd definitely recommend the early stuff to those that are interested in amateur horror in the same vein as Blair Witch Project.

I dont think I've seen any of those movies outside of the one Elvira is hosting

The VHS films are fun found footage films. I've got a segment from VHS-2 involving aliens uploaded on Vimeo if you want to watch it.

Ohhhhhhhh Marble Hornets. One day I want to start over and try to get to the end -- it seems like they've added about 40 entries since I last watched. I'd definitely recommend the early stuff to those that are interested in amateur horror in the same vein as Blair Witch Project.

I checked it out a month or so ago, after not having been keeping up to speed with it for like, a year or something. They even released a DVD and everything. It is crazy.

The Last Man On Earth is the Vincent Price I Am Legend one, right? It's brilliant.

Yep, that's it.

So tonight was the V/H/S night. I'm going to quickly talk about the each segment of the movie.

Tape 56/frame narrative

So I didn't much care for this. Shitty people that do shitty things get hired to steal VHS tapes from an old man.Old man is a creature. Why were they hired? Why does a creature disguised as an old man collect tapes?

Amateur Night

The "Monster" in this one was pretty awesome looking. Overall though it was too sexual for my taste to be called really great but it was fun.

Second Honeymoon

This one was ok up until the swervey for the sake of being swervey ending.

Tuesday the 17th

This is tied with the next one as my favorite.It was so much like a Slenderman story and I just loved it. I'm glad there was no explanation of The Glitch because that just would have taken away from the feeling.

The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger

Like I said, this is tied with the previous one. I loved it. I liked the swerve in this one. The prop fetus was the only bad part. I thought her stripping at the start was unneeded but hey, it's hard to mark a quick peek of some nice titties as a bad thing.

10/31/98

I felt like the movie should have ended when the frame ended but once the guys found the girl in this one it kicked up and I enjoyed it.

V/H/S 2 was tonight's movie. I think The Poughkeepsie Tapes will be tomorrow.

Tape 49/frame narrative

I liked this much better than the one in the first one. It was clear, gave more info and and was pretty awesome on it's own.

Phase I Clinical Trials

This was good but as soon as he got the eye in I knew what was going to happen. I also kinda wanted to know who the man and little girl were.

A Ride in the Park

This one was my favorite. The only thing that bothered me was that it switched cameras when the Zombies hit the birthday party. It should have just stayed on his camera, after all it was his footage that was found. The ending was fantastic though.

Safe Haven

Once again, I liked this. Plenty of build up and quite unsettling. The monster was fucking fantastic looking. Seeing that everyone was back as Ghouls was a great moment.

Slumber Party Alien Abduction

This was really good and it would have been my favorite if I hadn't been confused on what they were. I thought they were Greys but the fact that they came from the water confused me and I thought maybe they were "real" Mermen. The craft sucking the kid up put me back at Greys though and that turns out to be what they were supposed to be.

Dude, they were aliens and their ship was hiding in the lake, then it was hovering above the lake and by the end it had moved above their house/that barn. They can just be aliens without getting tagged as greys.

• Like 1