The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I think the review thing for The Crew is being overstated. Maybe I'm foolish but I can't actually see how else they are meant to get an online game reviewed. I guess they could go the Sim City route and let them play early, get brilliant reviews and then face the backlash when the servers won't work and the game ends up being as deep as a toilet bowl.

To me it's a no win situation and I actually think Ubisoft are doing the right thing. It's up to the consumer to not buy it until the reviews come out.

I mean, I don't disagree that they're damned if they do, damned if they're don't. But they wouldn't be facing such backlash if they hadn't released a completely broken game with a ridiculous review embargo. They can't do that and then expect people to take more embargo's as a good thing.

I'll probably pick up The Crew because I like to see pretty racing graphics on my new consoles. I'm looking forward to the new Lara Croft game too; Guardian of Light was a really good game so I'm excited to see what this introduces to the mix. Witcher 3 is incredible to look at but I couldn't really get into Witcher 2 so I'm not sure if I should be excited or not.

Has anyone noticed their PS4 making a noise when switched off? My room was completely silent tonight and there was a very feint, high pitch 'buzz' coming from the console. You have to be close to it to hear and as I say, the house was silent.

I know it's not unusual for electronic devices to make sounds when switched off (as there is still some current going through them). Just wondered if anyone else had come across this?

I am hoping it's just something to do with the console being 'ready' to be switched on by pressing the controller button, and not something I need to get looked at. The console itself runs absolutely fine, no issues at all in the couple of months I've had it.

So I drunkenly purchased the digital editions of Assasins creed and Dragon Age the other night. The problem I've got is that Assasins Creed has the dragon age logo on the dash and when I try to play it it starts to load up but kicks me back to the dashboard before it even gets to the main menu. Anyone know what's causing this?

Well you paid for it, so delete and reinstall would be my advice.

I couldn't resist Diablo 3 for £34.99 - reduced from £59.99 on the PSN Store.

Enjoyed the base Diablo 3 game on the PC, but something about sitting back on the sofa and playing it on a console really appeals to me, especially with the expansion thrown in.

62gb worth of install though :(

EDIT - Do any of you EU based folks happen to have downloaded Diablo 3 on a PS4? I've got 4 downloads on for it apparently (two update files and two game downloads). Only difference between the two is one of each is marked (English). Am I to assume that I don't actually need the other game and update files?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind