The PS4 thread

9 to 5

At least FC4 reviews are coming out now, favourable reviews. It's not like they're trying to hide it like Unity but I can still see where one might be worried since you're piling more shit on top of Ubisoft servers while they're trying to sort their shit out from another release.

Anyone play Driveclub? I've read that online is a broken mess at the moment, but aside from that how is it?

I was playing it up until better games came along. It's alright at best, the driving itself is perfectly good but the AI is too fixed on rails, punishments are handed out against you but never to your opponents, there's no real attempt at a career mode just an early Gran Turismo style winning races for the sake of it, and there's still a lot of network unreliability.

It's worth getting when it's reduced but not for more than £20 at the most.

Traded in a handful of 360 games and picked up inFamous for basically free. I've never played an inFamous game but I bloody loved Prototype on the Xbox (weirdly one of my absolute favourite games of the last gen) and I know they're somewhat similar.

Am I going to love it guys?

Prototype was a pile of garbage. Not trying to wind you up but I genuinely hated it, it was the most glitch, frustrating game I've played on the 360, and I've played Splodey Man with Dragsy.

• Like 1

To be fair I never played Prototype 1, but picked up 2 for super cheap in one of the digital sales (£5 or something) and I just loved it. One of the few games I found myself playing until the early hours of the morning. I get that it was repetitive and the story was hot garbage but it was just a buttload of fun.

From what I've been reading inFamous sounds much of the same so hopefully I'll dig it, and seeing as it cost me literally nothing I figure I've got nothing to lose.

Prototype 2 was brilliant. I didn't expect much going into it but ended up playing it the whole way through. I'm surprised it didn't get much attention really.

Infamous is probably the only PS4 exclusive so far that tempted me, looks like fun.

Edited by Dan

I've played and platted both ps3 infamous. Great fun although the second one is not showing it's age as much as the first.

Played first prototype, thought it was great fun if a little repetitive. Prototypes ability to make me elbow drop tanks made up for anything in that regard.

Managed to dig out a couple more old PS3 games worth roughly £10 in trade. That makes a GTA/FC early purchase all the more tempting. Hoping to either sell or trade my 320GB PS3 this week too, to fund the other one. Hopefully I'll be in a position to outright buy The Crew in a couple of weeks.

When do games get released on a Friday?