The PS4 thread

9 to 5

It sounds a bit brainless. At this stage I'd say the majority of people are still more comfortable with having a physical copy of a game rather than a digital download and that's not likely to change if the prices remain higher in the PS Store than every website, supermarket and shop.

It makes business sense for Sony not to offer their full price digital games at the same level as physical copies for a few reasons; one is because they (and whoever publishes/develops the games on the store) will get a larger share of the sale value as there are fewer channels to go through digitally. On the flip side of that, because the prices are higher, they don't piss off internet and bricks and mortar stores by undercutting them, so there is a good balance at the moment. Once titles have been out a while, they can then drop the prices on most titles in line with their physical counterparts (or even more so if there isn't much mileage in them). A good example would be the current offer on the UK store for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

You are a confusing man. I have complete confidence that Microsoft will eventually make an awesome dashboard, but they aren't anywhere close right now, IMO. It's clunky and cluttered.

• Like 1

You are a confusing man. I have complete confidence that Microsoft will eventually make an awesome dashboard, but they aren't anywhere close right now, IMO. It's clunky and cluttered.

I feel totally the opposite way. Granted I've only had fleeting looks at the X1 dash but it looks a hell of a lot prettier than the PS4's. I like having lots of stuff on show, the PS4 just seems minimalist and dull.

A lot of stuff is nice until you have to navigate through every single piece of it to get to what you want. They haven't made it friendly to those without a kinect yet.

• Like 1

Fuck this time of year.

So many games, so little money to pay for them. Far Cry, GTA, The Crew, Walking Dead S2, FM (PC), and I'm sure I'm missing others. Not fair!

Although saying that, FC4 will cost me around £15 as the rest is covered by store credit, and Walking Dead is only £20 on the Store. Might finally trade my PS3 console in to fund one of the others closer to Xmas.