The PS4 thread

9 to 5

For no particular reason I just drove from Detroit to LA in The Crew. It was about 30-40 minutes of driving in total going through various cities along the way. The level of detail is incredible, you sweep through the mountain roads, through forests (where deer are waiting to jump out at you) and through long freeways. When you head towards Vegas you see this bunch of bright lights way off in the distance and they get gradually more visible as you get closer, then when you drive down the strip everything looks fantastic. I didn't go too in depth in LA as I was way-pointing to the airport (which looks incredibly similar to Los Santos Airport).

In terms of the actual game it's so much better than DriveClub it's almost a different genre. There's so much to do, the cars drive very well, the AI behaves itself, the races feel like real contests and can be frustrating (but why should they be easy?) and the game world... well the game world is basically the entire of the mainland USA, admittedly there are only a few actual fleshed out cities (I can count about 16 from the map but I'm sure there's more) but the roads that link them are just perfect.

It's probably the best racing game I've ever played, and the scary thing is that this is only the beta version.

• Like 1

Just picked it up! On my way home now. PSN is lint6.