The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Oh come on. I own a current gen Sony (Vita), Nintendo (2DS) and Microsoft (Xbox One) console, an Android phone and an iPad. No brand loyalty from me!

To be fair, the shilling got so ridiculous I thought you were getting commission from every one that a member here bought! :P
Everytime somebody mentions a console on here they have 5 guys telling them about the PS4. It's only fair somebody talks about the Xbox! Apsham is doing a pretty good job of it now though ;)

A few of you only have Sony consoles too...

I don't have a handheld but if I did, not a chance I'd be getting a Vita over a 3DS!

Don't really have brand loyalty but any chance Microsoft had with me, after my 360 crapping out 3 times in 2 years, died when they said fuck you to the consumer at the launch event.

Oh come on. I own a current gen Sony (Vita), Nintendo (2DS) and Microsoft (Xbox One) console, an Android phone and an iPad. No brand loyalty from me!

To be fair, the shilling got so ridiculous I thought you were getting commission from every one that a member here bought! :P
Everytime somebody mentions a console on here they have 5 guys telling them about the PS4. It's only fair somebody talks about the Xbox! Apsham is doing a pretty good job of it now though ;)

To be fair, it IS the ps4 thread. The ratio is bound to be off.

To be fair, it IS the ps4 thread. The ratio is bound to be off.

I was talking about other threads not this one, the FIFA thread and when someone makes a post about next-gen for example.

I'm not really into the whole "console wars" shit, they're both good consoles with different plus points (Sony has the superior hardware and now MS has the superior software after doing a fuckton of updates) and it's fair that someone puts an argument for both sides. It's amazing some of the misinformation I've seen on the internet about the X1, some people still think you can't play used/rented games on it...

To be honest, I think they certainly learned the lesson there. Knock on wood for all parties involved.

But I'm just sticking with one console this gen. Last I did Nintendo and Sony, and most Microsoft stuff was pc too. This time just Sony, make that psplus work for me.

Can we talk about how fucking great the light/speaker in the controller is? And how god damn well it's been used lately?

Shadow of Mordor - ghostly whispers of your past life come out from the controller. It's awesome, adds a little depth to the creepiness. Also, certain special moves cause the sword sound to come out of the controller, which sounds amazing.

Alien Isolation - The classic Alien beeping noise of the motion sensor comes out of the controller, the light turns green when you hold it up and the controller vibrates on each beep. So fucking immerse it hurts.

PT - To actually progress through the game, you need to speak the name of the dead thing into the controller, which causes a door to open. So fucking creepy.

I'm sure there were a few more examples as well. I swear I remember one game where the audio logs came out through the controller or something.

Like, it's not a game changer or anything, but it's just really god damn cool. And I can't help but get excited when this stuff happens.

• Like 2

Can we talk about how fucking great the light/speaker in the controller is? And how god damn well it's been used lately?

Shadow of Mordor - ghostly whispers of your past life come out from the controller. It's awesome, adds a little depth to the creepiness. Also, certain special moves cause the sword sound to come out of the controller, which sounds amazing.

Alien Isolation - The classic Alien beeping noise of the motion sensor comes out of the controller, the light turns green when you hold it up and the controller vibrates on each beep. So fucking immerse it hurts.

PT - To actually progress through the game, you need to speak the name of the dead thing into the controller, which causes a door to open. So fucking creepy.

I'm sure there were a few more examples as well. I swear I remember one game where the audio logs came out through the controller or something.

Like, it's not a game changer or anything, but it's just really god damn cool. And I can't help but get excited when this stuff happens.

The PT thing is cool in theory, but unless I just didn't get there in the demo, nothing in that game is even subtly hinted at and it just got obtuse and tedious with its pixel-hunting. I get why it was trying to stay away from too much hand-holding/prompting for atmosphere's sake, but at some point it just got too frustrating/uninteresting to care anymore. And it was really frustrating because it started so strong and I wanted to keep seeing what crazy shit would happen.

I will add Ground Zeroes to using the mic in the controller really well, though. I'd hope we'll see ambient crowd chatter in games like, say, Assassin's Creed in the future. And I can only imagine the possibilities for Arkham Knight.

The wii controller had a speaker in it. During the game no more heroes you would often receive calls that would make you hold it to your ear like a Cel call.

It was really the most impressive thing I saw while playing on the system. It was creative and fun.

Edited by EWB's Best Poster.

The only time I hate stuff like that is when you forget about the feature. I can't remember if it was the Wii or the DS, but one of them had a microphone and I got stuck in a game because I had to blow on the mic and didn't even know it had one.