The PS4 thread

9 to 5

So today marks the 23 week (I've misplaced a week somewhere...) milestone of having my PS4 (dawwwww :wub: I know, right?) and despite not having much time on it due to a limited schedule I'll just go with some bullet points.

- Last of Us: while taking a little bit to get into is my clear most played so far but I swear I've said "Fucking Clickers" more times than I can count by this point

- Watch Dogs: Still trying to get into it, Not as good as the hype suggested, This may change however.

- Madden: Nice small touches but still a long way to go, Makes me long for NCAA on next gen... or at all really.

- WWE Network: .... It works, I guess.

- Graphics: Are as expected but very pretty

- Counting down the days to WWE 2k15 (Not really but wish it were here)

- Project CARS is on the radar but it's still a little bit off.

- Anything i've missed so far? YES ACE I WILL END UP GETTING UFC! :shifty:

Edited by Slogger

So I went a bit mad after payday last Friday and purchased the evil within and alien. Along with getting Shadow of Mordor I seem set for a while. So many games so little time. Need to book a day off work and just do nothing at all but play them.

Also I imagine the update will be around dinner time here. Hopefully doesn't take too long to download as i won't be able to get it until tomorrow evening.

When does the whole "download only the parts you need" thing start? It's designed to save time, but I'm not sure if they've introduced it yet.

Is that not already in? I put pretty much all of my disks in and just play in like a minute. It's one of the things I've loved about this generation, I've never actually noticed a wait time on installs.

I very well might be crazy, but I feel like things load up quite a bit faster with the 2.0 update. I was loading into Spelunky, FIFA, and Shadow of Mordor really, really quickly. And I very much appreciate how the library is organized now.

But on the negative side of things, I kept getting an error when I was trying to grab Outlast since it was only $5 for PS Plus members, but the store just kept giving me an error. And there was just other random shit that would get errors—I can't remember specifics off-hand, but I hope that's fixed.

As mentioned in the FIFA thread, PSN kicked me yesterday evening and I couldn't sign back in. Loaded FIFA up to play, and didn't even realise I wasn't signed in until it told me. Tried about an hour later, and still couldn't. Not sure if they're still having problems.

See I thought about Shareplay it's great from a gamers point of view but from a business point if view its a bit weak in terms of unlimited shares for a game. I could in theory play a full game via multiple one hour invites without ever buying it. I wouldn't get trophies but that doesn't bother me anyway.

See I thought about Shareplay it's great from a gamers point of view but from a business point if view its a bit weak in terms of unlimited shares for a game. I could in theory play a full game via multiple one hour invites without ever buying it. I wouldn't get trophies but that doesn't bother me anyway.

I mean you can, but I doubt most would go to that level.

You'll need a friend who for whatever reason can't just lend you the game, who's willing to allow your shareplay every hour on the hour, who's okay with you taking up their time gaming.

Not to mention you'll be playing 720p, 30fps, with a connection reliant on both's internet. Good luck playing Call of Duty online that way!

And it's limited to an hour because the added annoyance makes sure people won't just go out and leave the PS4 on.