The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Yeah, that's a question. What's coming in next year? I know The Order 1886 is just round the corner and that looks absolutely gorgeous but what else is worth getting hyped for?

Bloodborne, Evolve and hopefully Until Dawn.

And Last Guardian of course :shifty:

Yeah, that's a question. What's coming in next year? I know The Order 1886 is just round the corner and that looks absolutely gorgeous but what else is worth getting hyped for?

Games in general or just PS4?

Lords of the Fallen, Lego Batman 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, LBP 3, Bloodborne, Evolve, The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy Type 0, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dead Island 2, MGS: V, Persona 5.

I got The Evil Within today. Not played it yet though, HAS ANYONE ELSE? Didn't even mean that to be in capitals but I'm going to leave it like that.

Apparently it's Resi 4 gameplay. I wasn't impressed by the Giant Bomb Quick Look, it's very Capcom arcade horror shooter. If you're into that thing, it looks to be a decent addition to the genre, but I'm not sure it's for me.

It's payday tomorrow and instead of being torn between Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation I'm now torn between Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within.

Alien doesn't really sound like my kinda thing, like it sounds pretty awesome, but it's definitely not a full price purchase for me. Maybe when it's around the £20 mark in a year or so it'll be worth it, but definitely not yet.

Evil Within sounds pretty wonderful, I love games with a strong roster of bosses and the whole mind-warped reality thing sounds like a whole butt load of fun. It also seems like it'll get my mind off of waiting for more news on Silent Hills, so that's a good thing.

Mordor sounds like a better game overall but I'm not exactly the biggest Lord of the Rings fan. Like, I enjoyed the films, they were good fun but after seeing them once at the cinema way back when and once since then I've never really found myself wanting more out of that universe.

So which do I go for? The game which seems more relevant to my interests or the game which has been way better received?

Also relevant to the point, why in the balls are demos seemingly non existent? If I could actually play a little of either of them I feel I could make my mind up way more easily.

Re: Demos, I'd wager possibilities include the price of making them, having to break a part of your team off to make it, cost of having to host this ever increasing in size file (think the forza horizon 2 demo is 10gb, for example. though i think only Sony does charges for hosting files, or at least they used to), thinking that people looking at YouTube/Twitch will do the same job with no effort on their part.

Or maybe they've done research into how often a demo played will turn into a sale, or how often people are content just playing the demo and never buying the full game. That might sound odd but that's always been my experience with the UFC games. I don't care about having the roster of real people since I know about 5 of them, tops. I'm quite happy to put the demo on every now and again and have a few fights.