The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Ahhh. Yeah. I looked around the internet and it seems to just not be out yet. Reviews are all over the place and I wasn't really thinking much of it beyond a showpiece for the PS4 looking pretty, so it's all good.

It kinda seems like the game is barebones and sterile, and the driving model isn't really enough to carry the game. :(

Anyone buy NBA 2k14 today?

No, I bought 2K15 though. And its great to see 2K learned nothing and still made way too much dependent on online servers, which are of course down. I can't edit the fucking roster, because I need to download one beforehand, and I can't.

Anyone buy NBA 2k14 today?

No, I bought 2K15 though. And its great to see 2K learned nothing and still made way too much dependent on online servers, which are of course down. I can't edit the fucking roster, because I need to download one beforehand, and I can't.

It's not much consolation, but this seems to be on Sony if you're on PS4, not 2K, and they're aware of it/trying to fix it.

I bought that Sherlock Holmes game the other day for no real reason other than I felt like doing some utterly top notch detecting in a deerstalker. I guess. Anyway, it's alright, voice acting is SO bland though. It's like Sherlock Holmes as directed by Wes Anderson. Except less style or deliberate deadpan approach, and more "yeah cba that take'll do, next line?".

I actually still quite like it really, decent enough fun, although some of the deductions and stuff are just annoying and nonsensical.

In the first case there's a number of people you can settle on as your culprit and two of them actually have plausible reasons to lead in to the belief that they could be guilty based on the evidence, except they're both wrong, and the culprit is a guy you meet once who's tobacco pouch was found at the scene and apparently you come to the correct conclusion that he is the murderer on the basis that "tobacco pouch at the scene is evidence of guilt" even when the other choice is "tobacco choice at the scene is evidence of presence" which is what that actually is. So you end up nailing him based on nothing more than circumstantial evidence? I think LA Noire had this kind of problem at times too, where they can't seem to find a way to close a case in a concrete manner so they just go "oh just say he's guilty for that one thing he did so we can move on."

Oh man, Last of Us is getting so good you guys.

We told you!

In other unrelated TLOU news, I went to trade it in at Game during Cardiff's Student Lock-In last night, was offered £19 in credit due to a promotion they were doing. Guy next to me was planning on buying a pre-owned copy for £28 under a similar promotion, but they'd sold out. Sold him my copy for £25, so we both left happy.

Not bad for a game I only paid £12 for :pervert:

Now to put the money aside and continue wrecking Uruks on Shadow of Mordor until Far Cry 4 comes out.

• Like 2

Apparently a lot of the game depends on their servers which are being hammered so they're holding back the free version to allow things to stabilize for those who paid for it. Which is admirable I suppose but still, servers being shit during launch day/week yaaaaaaaay.